Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whining and missing Crossfit. page

catdance62 is offline Senior Member

Unhappy whining and missing Crossfit.

Shop Now
    I rarely ever whine, not only in the virtual world, but in the real world as well, because no one likes a whiner. HOwever, I must share that I am very frustrated and a bit depressed now. I love doing Crossfit. It is so fun and a breath of fresh air after years of being a dedicated runner and part-time gym rat. I have been suffering from a sinus/ear infection since the Spring and am just concluding the second round of antibiotics that I have taken to get rid of it. I never ever take antibiotics (last time before these 2 rounds was like, 3 years ago for a bladder infection) and these are just kicking my butt. I am also on some Rx antihistamines which probably don't help. This medicine is making me so tired, I can hardly get through my Crossfit workout, I get cramps when I run (one of the side-effects of the antibiotics, I read) and I just feel drained a lot of the time. I only have 2 more days of the antibiotics and 3 more days of the antihistamines. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Misery loves company, I guess. The meds are Levofloxacin and Semprex D.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Why not just rest for a few more days and let your body kick that bacteria's @$$?
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

nojoke is offline Member
    Rest when your sick, listen to your body, hydrate and rest. Kill the WOD later.

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    that is what my husband said. I will start fresh Monday. Tomorrow is my last day of the meds.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    I took 2 months off from Crossfit tofocus on strength training. 8 weeks of weights and no cardio has seen me find around 14lbs so now back to Crossfit and looking forward to being properly lean again. 'Eased' myself back in last night with Fran and Cindy, sore today but loved it.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Evbois is offline Junior Member
    Don't underestimate the side effects of the antibiotics beyond just the cramping. My husband is a local elite level runner and logs about 100 miles per week. On two separate occasions in the last 8 years, he had to take huge doses of antibiotics (Cipro, to be exact) and the side effects were staggering. He had severe muscle cramping and spasms in his body and more signficantly in his achilles and shins, and he was wiped out beyond belief and barely able to get up some mornings. (Now, I always argue if he ate less carbs and more Grok style, he might have alleviated some of these side effects, but he wasn't hearing it!) He drank a lot of water and did some cold ice baths to alleviate some of the pain, cramping, and fatigue, which seemed to help. Good luck to you and I agree with the above posters about taking time to rest and refuel.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Start taking a high-dose probiotic. You need to replenish your good bacteria as that crap is killing of ALL of it.

Kefir is great, so is kombucha.

I miss Crossfit too I injured myself at the last WOD and haven't been in a week. My athletic therapist says I can probably return later next week. YIPEE!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Yes, definitely get in LOTS of probiotics. Also, naturopathic doctors and Chinese medicine practitioners are VERY good with things like this. Might want to check one out. For CM, you'll likely get better results if the practitioner knows the classics well.

patski is offline Senior Member
    A nurse-friend of mine has me freaked out about traditional chinese medicine. Any dried herbs/tinctures made: you don't know what kind of pesticides herbs been sprayed with...and in tincture form, they're much more potent, and can be toxic.

That's what she says.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

sugarcrystal8 is offline Member
    I'm an acupuncturist and herbalist and it just depends on where the practitioner buys theire herbs from. There are great suppliers that do not spray or treat their herbs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast