Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heal a Cavity page

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member

Heal a Cavity

Shop Now
    To Heal a Cavity:

1. Ditch your toothpaste that contains glycerin (prevents remineralisation of teeth), which is everything you can find in ANY store, with the exception of Eco-Dent or other brand tooth powders, which still has silica (abrasive). I'm still using it but thinking of switching to colostrum tooth powder.

2. Start taking fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil (vitamin K) (Weston A. Price discovered these little gems) and eat grass fed raw butter if available.

3. Watch the magic.

Other resources:

Book-The Perfect Prescription for your Teeth

Brushing Technique
    also has essential oil brushing blend

Success Story
    Last edited by me2; 06-15-2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: added "vitamin K"
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    I started having a tooth sensitivity at one point about a year ago, and I went straight to the farm and bought some raw goat's yogurt. I fnished it in a week, and haven't had a problem with it since.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    I'd be interested in finding a convenient alternative to toothpaste. I'm not about to start mixing up complicated concoctions or ordering stuff off the internet that could be found cheaper at the supermarket.

I've heard various theories but not sure which are the essential ingredients. Baking soda? Calcium powder? Could you just brush your teeth with peppermint oil? Or butter?
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    i usually use baking soda...sometimes just water...and sometimes Jason brand paste. They do make tooth powders...google Peelu

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    I might have to try this. I have no dental insurance at the moment.

I've also been trying oil pulling with coconut oil - basically gargle with coconut oil for 20-30 minutes while getting ready for bed.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Drmike is offline Member
    Ok this is just friggin stupid already. I am a dentist so I know a bit about teeth and toothpaste. Just use any fluoride toothpaste and get regular checkups every 6 months. If you have a cavity get it filled. There are no magic potions to heal a cavity. I am all for primal but sometimes people make things too complicated. Just brush your teeth and see a dentist every 6 months ( and floss) that's it nice and simple. The fluoride in toothpaste won't hurt you unless you plan on swallowing a large amount of it. This is what rinsing and spitting are for. What's next primal floss. Seriously

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Teeth can remineralize and negate the need for fillings. This was observed in dozens of cases by Weston A Price and other dentists decades ago.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmike View Post
    Ok this is just friggin stupid already. I am a dentist so I know a bit about teeth and toothpaste. Just use any fluoride toothpaste and get regular checkups every 6 months. If you have a cavity get it filled. There are no magic potions to heal a cavity. I am all for primal but sometimes people make things too complicated. Just brush your teeth and see a dentist every 6 months ( and floss) that's it nice and simple. The fluoride in toothpaste won't hurt you unless you plan on swallowing a large amount of it. This is what rinsing and spitting are for. What's next primal floss. Seriously
    There is 0.25 mg of fluoride in a pea-sized amount of toothpaste. The tube advises you to call poison control if you swallow anything more than a pea-sized amount. Incidentally, there is also 0.25 mg of fluoride in a glass of water.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I put my routine out there not long ago because my dentist was super-duper happy with my teeth. It's not worth linking, but it's what I do for my teeth.

I get one annual cleaning and one annual check up at this point.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast