Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Heal a Cavity page 5

Grizz is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Dr. Mike - I know this thread took quite a turn, but back to the OP if you don't mind. I wanted your opinion on 'oil pulling'. Google it if you never heard of it, but bascally it is an ancient oral hygeine method wherein you swish sesame oil in your mouth for 10-20 minutes and spit it out.

I was plagued by 'deep pockets' in my gums my whole adult life. I have had twice yearly scrapings for nearly 40 years. I read about oil pulling a year ago and have done it faithfully ever since. Before I started, I had 15 pockets over 7 mm deep, worst was 9mm. After 6 months of oil pulling, the 9mm pocket was down to 4mm and the rest were all 0-3mm. If you are really a dentist, that should be significant to you.

I also supplement with Vit K2 and D and feel that this combination is necessary for optimal dental health. Dental health is linked quite conclusively with cardiovascular health and I for one want the best mouth possible. I think the CW of brush and floss and see your dentist regulary really needs some tweaking and guys like you are the ones to do it.

My dentist now uses this method as well as his dental hygenists.
    otzi,
    most folks recommend coconut oil for oil pulling. Thank you for that post. Is sesame oil better than coconut oil? I'll get back into oil pulling. Do you do oil pulling once a day? When is the best time?

Grizz

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmike View Post
    A final thought to everyone on this board. If we are all so fixated on eating grass fed beef and free range non antibiotic chicken and clean living with no toxins then why is it ok to inject newborns and infants with thimeresol mercury antifreeze and other assorted toxins
    WORD! Totally agreed. I have two healthy young ones that have not been injected with loads of toxins.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Why don't y'all start a new thread in which to discuss your anti-vaccine stance?

mmkay thanks
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Why don't y'all start a new thread in which to discuss your anti-vaccine stance?

mmkay thanks
    I second that motion. This thread is about cavities, not vaccines. I think there are already several threads that can be re-opened. Here they are:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17948.html
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread1639.html

The 2nd thread looks ideal to move over to,
    Grizz

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Oil pulling is an ayurvedic practice and was done using sesame oil. I read quite a bit about it and it seems sesame oil had better results than other oils. My sister has been doing it with coconut oil and has seen good results. I will be interested to see what more have to say or what Grizz will come up with... he always does a lot of good research, it seems!

JoeyA is offline Member
    Oil pulling to me seems like an ancient mouth wash practice... Many oils are anti fungals and anti bacterials. Coconut oil is known for this. I think that's all it is. Swishing for 20 minutes probably gives time for some of that oil to be absorbed into the tissue and for the motion to dislodge gunk in your mouth.

Seems like a good replacement for modern day mouthwash.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i've been swishing around coconut oil, but don't remember to do it everyday. my mouth definitely feels "cleaner" when i do it.

btw, am a freak about my mouth, gums and teeth, lol.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

ForensicArtist is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmike View Post
    And one final comment. You can't get disbarred as a dentist you jack ass
    Bwah ha! Priceless
    Ask a Forensic Artist

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." ~Ronald Reagan

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    otzi,
    most folks recommend coconut oil for oil pulling. Thank you for that post. Is sesame oil better than coconut oil? I'll get back into oil pulling. Do you do oil pulling once a day? When is the best time?

Grizz
    traditionally, both oils are used, but it depends upon the individuals' ayurvedic constitution and their specific dental/health needs.

coconut oil is considered "cooling" while sesame is considered "warming." Depending upon the individual's need for warming or cooling, the appropriate oil is chosen.

this oil is used in ayurvedic medicine for everything. In massages, for instance, if the injury in question needs certain "cooling" properties or the individual needs a 'cooling' process in general, than coconut oil will be used. If the injury in question needs certain 'warming' or the individual does, then they use sesame.

Unless you get an evaluation from an ayurvedic practitioner who tells you which one you need, your body will likely tel you or both can be used.

I can use both, no problems, but coconut oil is less expensive and more accessible, so I use it. my friend uses only sesame, as coconut oil causes her skin problems.

So, "it depends."

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post

mmkay thanks
    Agreed!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast