Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heal a Cavity page 2

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    double derp.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmike View Post
    Ok this is just friggin stupid already. I am a dentist so I know a bit about teeth and toothpaste. Just use any fluoride toothpaste and get regular checkups every 6 months. If you have a cavity get it filled. There are no magic potions to heal a cavity. I am all for primal but sometimes people make things too complicated. Just brush your teeth and see a dentist every 6 months ( and floss) that's it nice and simple. The fluoride in toothpaste won't hurt you unless you plan on swallowing a large amount of it. This is what rinsing and spitting are for. What's next primal floss. Seriously
    Thank you. This made me laugh. We do overcomplicate things on this forum sometimes...
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

peril is offline Senior Member
    Ok this is just friggin stupid already. I am a dentist so I know a bit about teeth and toothpaste. Just use any fluoride toothpaste and get regular checkups every 6 months. If you have a cavity get it filled. There are no magic potions to heal a cavity. I am all for primal but sometimes people make things too complicated. Just brush your teeth and see a dentist every 6 months ( and floss) that's it nice and simple. The fluoride in toothpaste won't hurt you unless you plan on swallowing a large amount of it. This is what rinsing and spitting are for. What's next primal floss. Seriously
    Going primal, supplementing vit D3, eating vit K2 rich foods and dropping flouridated toothpaste have stopped caries dead. I have a large number of crowns but the decay has stopped.

Can you recognise cognitative dissonance? CW applies to all aspects of health
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Grizz is offline Banned
    REALLY??? Fluoride is good for teeth??? I think you are selling us a big CW lie to drum up more business. Look at these photos of Fluorosis of teeth. Please explain this to us.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fluo...iw=927&bih=477

Enamel stripped away by Fluoride

Article on why fluoride strips away tooth enamel:
    According to the Centers for Disease Control, 32% of American children now have some form of dental fluorosis, with 2 to 4% of children having the moderate to severe stages (CDC 2005).
    Dental Fluorosis

If course dentists want us to use Fluoride toothpaste, it generates MORE revenue with MORE tooth decay! And WHY in the HELL are dentists still promoting poisonous mercury amalgums, proven to be toxic. Tell us the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, Dr. Mike. The truth is you will be disbarred if you so much as say 1 word against fluoride or silver Amalgums. Isn't that right? If you told the truth your career would be KILLED by the ADA.

Peril is Right ON !
    supplementing vit D3, eating vit K2 rich foods and dropping flouridated toothpaste have stopped caries dead
    I also take 5mg K2 tablets & 10,000 IU Vitamin D3 every day.
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-15-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Drmike is offline Member
    I along with many other dentists in this country have done away with amalgam fillings do to the mercury. I can see a mercury free future for dentistry. Unfortunately there are some insurance companies that do not cover white fillings so some patients have to choose amalgam for financial reasons. Maybe someone should question the insurance companies instead of slamming the dentist. As far as fluoride goes it is like anything else. Use it in moderation. If you use too much you can have problems. It is a toxic chemical however when used in small amounts like in toothpaste and not swallowed in large amounts it's fine. People need to take care with children and make sure they don't use too much and rinse and rinse well and they will be fine

Drmike is offline Member
    One more thing. Anything the CDC says has to be questioned. After all they still won't admit that there is any link between vaccines and autism despite the overwhelming increase in autism in this country and the increase in childhood vaccines. If you think fluoride is bad what to you think is in all of those life saving vaccines. Thimeresol, mercury arsenic anti freeze to name a few.

Drmike is offline Member
    And one final comment. You can't get disbarred as a dentist you jack ass

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    Debate the merits/evils of fluoride and glycerine all you want, I've already made my mind up about this based on empirical evidence I've seen with my own eyes.

I've seen stone age skulls (had the honour of handling them, in a university archaeology class), that had very worn down teeth, but with statistically fewer cavities than modern people. Many of them also had fossilised cementum on their teeth which means they didn't use anything to clean their teeth at all, no brushing or flossing in those days. They ate starchy foods and fruit, but they didn't have modern toothpaste, so there's definitely something funny going on when I, a regular brusher/flosser, have more cavities than an actual stone age dude who never brushed.

Of course I am not going to be just like Grok and go around with a mouth full of cementum, I don't like to have have fuzzy teeth! I just want to know what does actually get your teeth clean, with minimal damage. Could I just use an essential oil to lubricate the brush? Or do I need to use baking soda as well?
    Last edited by CaveWeirdo; 06-15-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

cma77 is offline Member
    I use Dr.Ellie's Complete Mouthcare System and in combination with Primal eating I have seen great improvement (that I couldn't get with Primal eating/supplementation alone) in my disastrous mouth. I still need to have a couple root canals and and extractions because of some of the damage was too far gone but I think the xylitol and dilute flouride rinse have been really helpful in helping keep my saliva "alkaline" enough for my teeth to heal a bit aided greatly by the copious vitamins and minerals Primal eating supplies me. I think if your mouth was generally healthy before starting Primal then diet alone can help you maintain that good oral health but if you had issues like me sometimes you need a bot of extra assistance and this was coming from someone who thought fluoride and commercial toothpaste were "teh devilz" and to be avoided at all costs but in desperation I began using them and my results don't lie so for now I'm sticking with what is working and unfortunately the baking soda, coconut oil, tooth powder, etc, just weren't cutting it for me.

If you don't want to use commerical toothpaste you could try rinsing your mouth with salt water, then brushing with a soft toothbrush (with or without baking soda) and then rinsing with a xylitol rinse.

Grizz is offline Banned
    One more thing. Anything the CDC says has to be questioned. After all they still won't admit that there is any link between vaccines and autism despite the overwhelming increase in autism in this country and the increase in childhood vaccines. If you think fluoride is bad what to you think is in all of those life saving vaccines. Thimeresol, mercury arsenic anti freeze to name a few.
    The cause of autism, ADD & ADHD has been linked to iodine deficiency in the womb. Pregnant women should be getting much more iodine than they are.
    What Started our Health Epidemic in the 70s? Iodine Deficiency - Iodized Salt is Ineffective

Also my younger son went to the dentist 2 years ago and his dentist tried to talk him into a mercury amalgum. My son had to DEMAND a non mercury filling. The dentist warned him these other fillings are MUCH more expensive. My son told him "I don't care what they cost, NO MERCURY.

Why was this dentist trying to push mercury on my son? Was he lazy? Was he trying to make less money? It makes no sense. Perhaps you have some ideas?

Grizz

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast