Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dude, I stink. page 4

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good, keep it up. I don't think everyone could do that strategy though - my boyfriend is kind of a naturally un-smelly guy (probably you are too) but I reckon some people just pump out microbially-delicious gunge.

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Gilleh is Israeli; having lived in Israel for a while, I am certain that his fellow countrymen would tell him if he stank. They are, indeed, very blunt people.

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    You make up for it by being a damned entertaining and funny writer though. Is that your day job by any chance?
    I wouldn't call it a job per se, but people do throw money at me to make them large, and in my free time I mold the minds of young kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalwombat View Post
    I totally second this opinion. You are eating WAY too little fat - in primal (and paleo) eating, fat is the preferred fuel, not protein. Protein in excess can indeed be dangerous to your kidneys.

While I think that the dude is a dickhead, you might benefit from reading and using Anthony Colpo's Fat Loss Bible (anthonycolpo dot com).

Markus
    I talked to my dude this morning, told him I need more fat in my diet. His response, "No shit?"

I think I may need to find a new dude.

sofiajp is offline Member
    The only thing that works for me is this: I spray unscented Sure (anti-perspirant and deodorant) on after I take a shower in the morning and then I pat on under my arms a mix of corn starch and baking soda. Most deodorants just make me smell more and I found baking soda alone or even with corn starch on my bare skin would burn my skin a bit. I have tried everything and even though I would love to be all natural....I really don't want to stink! But this works like magic!

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananabonobo View Post
    Good, keep it up. I don't think everyone could do that strategy though - my boyfriend is kind of a naturally un-smelly guy (probably you are too) but I reckon some people just pump out microbially-delicious gunge.
    When I used to eat CW high carb, I really stank.. Guess my body didn't agree with pasta and oats.
    It has to do with my mental state as well.
    When getting really pissed, my arm pits used to stink. But it hasn't happened in a while.

OP, you don't need to find a new dude. Do your own research, experiment and trust yourself.
    You are the only one that knows what is working and what's not for yourself.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Quote Originally Posted by sofiajp View Post
    Most deodorants just make me smell more...
    That's how I've always been. I've stuck to the same two brands for the past 20 years. That's mainly why I was shocked I started smelling like I'd been wrestling with a large Hungarian man in a sauna.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    OP, you don't need to find a new dude. Do your own research, experiment and trust yourself.
    You are the only one that knows what is working and what's not for yourself.
    He's actually been amazing up until now -- I've gone from 160lb scrawny dude to 245ish -- I just think the whole primal style of heating has thrown him off his game. I need to press him to do his research. He works for me at the gym and I'm pretty sure if we plow through this using me as a guinea pig (albeit a large angry guinea pig) he can implement some of these dietary changes into other clients' programs.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post
    He's actually been amazing up until now -- I've gone from 160lb scrawny dude to 245ish -- I just think the whole primal style of heating has thrown him off his game. I need to press him to do his research. He works for me at the gym and I'm pretty sure if we plow through this using me as a guinea pig (albeit a large angry guinea pig) he can implement some of these dietary changes into other clients' programs.
    Yeah sounds like he needs to do some research for sure. I agree with everyone else that you need to scale back the protein and add fat. I would suggest replacing one with the other incrementally until your stink fades.

And dude, you're hilarious.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    ...He's actually been amazing up until now -- I've gone from 160lb scrawny dude to 245ish...
    Holy crap. How long did that take? Do you feel better at your current ginormous weight than you did when you were smaller? That just blows my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle5690 View Post
    I agree with everyone else that you need to scale back the protein and add fat. I would suggest replacing one with the other incrementally until your stink fades.
    I've killed off my protein shakes... well a few of them. I mix one with my coffee in the morning because I'm a motherf'ing ANIMAL.

(actually I just really like chocolate, so it's hard to give it up...)

I'm munching on a stick of butter now, but I don't smell any different. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Holy crap. How long did that take? Do you feel better at your current ginormous weight than you did when you were smaller? That just blows my mind.
    10+ years. I trained with him before college. He helped me bulk up for football where I was a steady 190 through school. Afterwards I wanted to be awesome, so we switched up my mealplan and I started carrying around boulders for fun. Going from 190 to 260 (off-season weight) took about 18 months. Remember though I was eating crazy processed carbs. It was a pure dirty bulk. I used to drive home from the gym, pick up 10 soft tacos and a large meat lovers pizza, and then I'd empty the tacos out on the pizza and pound the whole damn thing. Because dude, meat builds meat.

I like being big(ger). It's one thing to throw around a bit of weight in the gym a couple times a week, and it's another to wrestle bears and drag semi's and shit (I have done neither, but I'm fully confident in my ability to do both. At the same time.).

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    I've killed off my protein shakes... well a few of them. I mix one with my coffee in the morning because I'm a motherf'ing ANIMAL.

(actually I just really like chocolate, so it's hard to give it up...)

I'm munching on a stick of butter now, but I don't smell any different. Yet.
    Have you tried using actual chocolate? Cause I bet it tastes better than protein shake "chocolate flavor".

I'm guessing it's going to take a few days to flush the ammonia out. Hope it helps!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast