Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dude, I stink. page 3

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post
    This I 100% don't agree with. I train for strongman, bodybuilding is just a byproduct. Due to the fact that I'm completely natural (no steroids, no HGH, no weird semi-legal supplements like deer antler powder), I can argue that the body's potential to grow to my size is purely a result of evolution. I still sprint, I still swim, I'm still highly flexible, I'm just strong as well.

Who's to say that if Grok were given ample amounts of food and a few heavy stones to throw around he wouldn't be big as well?
    You don't think our ancestors had ample food and plenty of heavy stuff to lift if they wanted to? Stick to the weights, leave the anthropology to Marshall Sahlins.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil! As much as you can. And get yourself to a doctor to check this out. Strong weird smells can mean an infection or some such.

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You don't think our ancestors had ample food and plenty of heavy stuff to lift if they wanted to? Stick to the weights, leave the anthropology to Marshall Sahlins.

No (hence the IF), and yes. Also we have to assume that the correlation of progressive weight training and muscle growth wouldn't have occurred to them.

And as for your flippant response of "stick to weights blah blah blah" I mentioned earlier that I wasn't schooled in nutrition, and it wasn't until recently that I decided to look into it (it was my idea originally to convince my nutrionist to let me try the PB), but that does not necessarily mean I don't have knowledge in other areas. I've read Marshall Sahlins' work. I took plenty of anthropology classes in college. You must not realize that bodybuilders, strongmen, "meatheads" are all obsessed with anthropology specifically physiology and our attempt to "max out" our genetic predispositions.

Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    Coconut oil! As much as you can. And get yourself to a doctor to check this out. Strong weird smells can mean an infection or some such.
    You're the second person to say that. I'll pick some up in between clients this evening. Thanks!

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post

Please don't tell me to make my own deodorant, I don't have time for that hippie-dippie nonsense.
    Well now I just can't help myself (hey, someone else reading might be interested )

1/2 cup of coconut oil
    1tbsp of baking soda
    1tbsp of corn starch
    1tbsp of Vodka
    essential oil (optional)

Coconut oil on it's own does not work for me at all. I've been off deodarant for a few months, tried the coconut oil first but, still stunk (co-workers never notice but hubby did...and his nose isn't that great...although he has a hard time staying out of my personal space ) So I found this squirrelin' around on Pinterest and thought, what the hell, let's try it. And Voila.

Anywho, I'm thnking that no matter how much homemade deodarant you put on your pitts, or coconut oil for that matter you'll probably still stink. I mean, you're taking 3 showers a day that should do it. It's gotta be what you're eating or it's some sort of fungus.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    1, are you in ketosis?

2, if yes, are you drinking enough water to flush the stink out?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Primalwombat is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    i do believe that's ammonia from excess protein.
    I totally second this opinion. You are eating WAY too little fat - in primal (and paleo) eating, fat is the preferred fuel, not protein. Protein in excess can indeed be dangerous to your kidneys.

While I think that the dude is a dickhead, you might benefit from reading and using Anthony Colpo's Fat Loss Bible (anthonycolpo dot com).

Markus

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    You make fun of hippies,
    I had no soap on me for weeks now
    I smell effin' great.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    Watch out, cos there are plenty of people who do like Gilleh does stink like crazy, and no one tells them OR they're too dense/oblivious to get it when folk do tell them. Here's hoping you're in the minority that gets away with it without significant odor, Gilleh - I'll take your word for it. My former housemate did what you do and routinely hotboxed the whole flat with armpitcrotchmeatstank, because apparently bathing is akin to vanity and every polite offer about washing her jackets and towels for her went skipping on past.

My 2cents - cut back a bit on the meat and swap in some fat and carbs as per what everyone else has already said, plus wash your towels and sheets frequently (so as to avoid having starter cultures of bacteria on the fabrics you're putting near your body) and try adding something bacteriostatic like Pit Rok to your antiperspirant/deodorant routine. Most of the worst odor people get is microbially, not endogenously, produced, which is why I think Gilleh's strategy works for only a fair and lucky few.

Banana, I share my small office with my superior, a very blunt man
    I asked him if I smell. Asked my family too
    They don't smell anything.
    I mentioned 'em I stopped using deodorant, my superior said "I bet you don't smell bad because you don't eat bread!"
    Yet to tell him that I ditched the soap top.. he's gona freak.

My point is, ask people you trust.

I do wash myself with water once to twice a day..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast