Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dude, I stink. page 2

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioletti View Post
    Ingest a tablespoon or two a day of coconut oil, that usually helps me, and apply some on your armpits. Also, my wife likes it when I apply a bit of Pinaud Clubman after shaving on face and pits.
    This is I'll definitely try.

Wait... are you saying if I throw on some Pinaud Clubman man-scent your wife will like me too?

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    OK, I guess that makes it slightly less insane since you're huge and training hard. But still, I don't think it's optimal to eat quite that much protein daily. I'd take out the whey and maybe a pound of the chicken and replace it with potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    OK, I guess that makes it slightly less insane since you're huge and training hard. But still, I don't think it's optimal to eat quite that much protein daily. I'd take out the whey and maybe a pound of the chicken and replace it with potatoes.
    I should have probably mentioned (before it became blaringly apparent) that I’m not a genius when it comes to nutrition (I still have trouble remembering what is or isn’t a legume), I’ve got a dude for that. My strengths fall in the lifting of heavy things department and he manages what I eat. He’s done a pretty good job for the last ten years, so I keep him around…

So forgive me if this sounds completely asinine.

Could it be that because I’m eating a minimal amount of processed carbs my body is digesting the protein – specifically the whey – differently? The reason I say this is because last time I cut weight I was on a very similar diet, but instead of sweet potatoes (forgot to mention I eat a metric shit ton of them a day for training energy) I was downing cups and cups of oats and rice.

If that’s the case I’ll have to treat the smell instead of the cause, which totally sucks. I had a girl I was training today wear her shirt over her face so she could breathe.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure if this will help if the cause is excess protein consumption, but chlorophyll supplements are sold and deodorizing body odors is one of the reasons people take them. Someone on here mentioned a product called body mint, but I'm sure any store will carry them. You might want to research those and do an n=1 experiment with a bottle. Also, charcoal is meant to be a pretty powerful absorber, but you cannot take those capsules close to other supplements or medicines, so you might not want to mess with them.

I've used chlorophyll tablets before and I *think* they worked OK. They might be worth a try and are pretty harmless (some say they're good for you).

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post
    I've been 100% primal for over a year now
    Funny how quickly you went from 100% primal to

6 servings EAS 100% Whey (I know, I know, 2 grams of sugar a scoop...)
    And

Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool
    I don't see myself cutting protein anytime soon - mainly because that's where I derive the majority of my cals
    I am not sure how you define 100% Primal. There's nothing particularly primal about excessive hypertrophy though, so you might have to deviate in these ways (although even for your goals, that protein intake seems potentially excessive). Just saying, let's call a spade a spade.

What do you smell like? Might help if we had more information. Do you smell like cat piss? Then I vote for the ammonia.
    Last edited by RichMahogany; 06-14-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Funny how quickly you went from 100% primal to ...

Just saying, let's call a spade a spade.

What do you smell like? Might help if we had more information. Do you smell like cat piss? Then I vote for the ammonia.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got me. Let's call it 95%. I figured the mere fact that I spend the majority of my time picking up heavy things a sleeping in the sun made up for it.

And now, not so much cat piss, more onion. Kind of a onion farm in the middle of summer stank.

Maybe it's totally normal, I've just never smelled bad before.

Bioletti is offline Member
    This is I'll definitely try.

Wait... are you saying if I throw on some Pinaud Clubman man-scent your wife will like me too?
    Ha ha, you little joker. Well....as they say, "results may vary" from woman to woman.
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    There's nothing particularly primal about excessive hypertrophy though, so you might have to deviate in these ways.
    This I 100% don't agree with. I train for strongman, bodybuilding is just a byproduct. Due to the fact that I'm completely natural (no steroids, no HGH, no weird semi-legal supplements like deer antler powder), I can argue that the body's potential to grow to my size is purely a result of evolution. I still sprint, I still swim, I'm still highly flexible, I'm just strong as well.

Who's to say that if Grok were given ample amounts of food and a few heavy stones to throw around he wouldn't be big as well?

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    I should have probably mentioned (before it became blaringly apparent) that Iím not a genius when it comes to nutrition ...
    You make up for it by being a damned entertaining and funny writer though. Is that your day job by any chance?

boxcarguy07 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Try adding some raw fermented veggies into your diet.
    And don't be so hard on hippies.
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast