Thread: Hello page

I2rounds is offline Junior Member

Hello

Shop Now
    hello everyone im tom from the uk!!

Ive been reading alot online about going back the caveman era of eating naturals foods. I would just like some information has for now i eat alot of bread etc but i train maybe 6 times a week as i compete in amatuer boxing would using the primal blueprint offer me enough energy!? Thanks Tom

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I2rounds View Post
    hello everyone im tom from the uk!!

Ive been reading alot online about going back the caveman era of eating naturals foods. I would just like some information has for now i eat alot of bread etc but i train maybe 6 times a week as i compete in amatuer boxing would using the primal blueprint offer me enough energy!? Thanks Tom
    You can use root vegetables to replace the bread on a Paleo/Primal diet if you want to avoid the problems with antinutrients in grains but still have fairly concentrated sources of carbohydrates in your diet. You'll probably find anything like stomach bloating or discomfort you might have will go away if you kick the grain-based products.

Advice for people in the U.S. is usually to eat sweet potatoes and squashes (or just ordinary white potatoes). In the UK, you can't always find all of those, but you can find parsnips and swedes -- and there are always bananas. And West Indian food stores might have plantains, which would be good.

Robb Wolf has a very similar regimen to the Primal Blueprint:

Robb Wolf.com

I've heard him say on his podcast that he trains fighters and helps them with diet, and he does Brazilian Ju-Jitsu himself. Robb has a kick boxer on his staff:

Glen Cordoza

So, yeah, this diet is totally suitable for a fighter.

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Gradually you will be able to run on fat instead of carbs.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.