Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is anyone else a little annoyed by Taubes? page 5

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Why does it have to even be framed as "This VS. That"? I think they are both right.
    The criticism he offered to Guyenet finished with "in science it is always a good idea to consider all the facts, not just the ones that fit your theory. In fact, please do it before giving a talk on the subject. "

Perhaps he should consider the log in his own eye before the speck in Guyenet's eye?

On the points that they disagree on, I think that Taubes is wrong.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    The criticism he offered to Guyenet finished with "in science it is always a good idea to consider all the facts, not just the ones that fit your theory. In fact, please do it before giving a talk on the subject. "

Perhaps he should consider the log in his own eye before the speck in Guyenet's eye?

On the points that they disagree on, I think that Taubes is wrong.
    Yes, that last comment was a bit snarky.
    Honestly those two should just drop trou and get out a ruler and settle the matter once and for all.

But while I still think they are both right, I still think they each only have a piece of a very complex puzzle.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345