Thread: Anyone experienced nausea from the primal diet? page

torey is offline Junior Member

Anyone experienced nausea from the primal diet?

Hi all. I've been moving towards following the Primal diet for about a month and love it so far. Lost 8 pounds. My problem is that I'm nauseous! Most of the time since I started this diet, I feel a little sick. I've been so excited about the weight loss and beating my seriously disruptive carb and sugar addiction that I tried to convince myself that the nausea wasn't related to the diet, but I think it probably is.

I've put a call in to my nutritionist, but has anybody else experienced this? Honestly, I feel pregnant. Which I am NOT - zero chance.

One thing I know I need to cut back on is dairy - I'm definitely eating more of it than Mark recommends. But I've always eaten a lot of dairy and never had a reaction before, so I am not thinking it's lactose intolerance. It could be the increase in fatty meats, so I thought I'd try switching to less saturated fat and more lean meats plus olive oil.

But, hey, I'm not a nutritionist so I'm sort of floundering in the dark. I'm hoping I'll get results through trial and error, but has anybody else experienced this or have any ideas?

Huh...I think it's kinda constant.

Last three meals:

Lunch: two pork sausages. 1.5 oz macadamia nuts.

Breakfast:
    3 oz swiss cheese. 1.5 cups broccoli. 1 tablespoon butter. 2 nectarines. 1 latte (1 cup whole milk and one shot of espresso).

Dinner last night: 1.5 cups of mixed greens and 2 tblspoons unknown ranch-ish dressing from restaurant. 2 oz cottage cheese. 100 calories worth of dark chocolate.

Lunch yesterday: 4 oz salami.

breakfast yesterday: 4 eggs, 1 latte (whole milk and espresso), 1 tblspoon olive oil, 3 oz raspberries, 2 apricots.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Yes, primal gives me a sickening feeling in the very fabric of my being every time I read this forum or see a picture of mark.

yes, broccoli is cooked. Foods that I am eating regularly that I avoided before or ate only sparingly: sausages, macadamia nuts, butter, cottage cheese, salami.

It's been a huge uptick in fat content.

Before Primal, I had a sugar and carb addiction. Cheese on bread plus sugar for breakfast, plus sugar in my latte. Small veggie burrito and fruit for lunch plus occasionally another veggie, but frequently a large amount of sweets. Pizza, quesadillas, or sushi for dinner plus hopefully a vegetable and usually another sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by torey View Post
    yes, broccoli is cooked. Foods that I am eating regularly that I avoided before or ate only sparingly: sausages, macadamia nuts, butter, cottage cheese, salami.

It's been a huge uptick in fat content.

Before Primal, I had a sugar and carb addiction. Cheese on bread plus sugar for breakfast, plus sugar in my latte. Small veggie burrito and fruit for lunch plus occasionally another veggie, but frequently a large amount of sweets. Pizza, quesadillas, or sushi for dinner plus hopefully a vegetable and usually another sweet.
    I would start with the sausages...is it fresh natural sausage? or store bought and full of nitrates and preservatives?

Try fresh meats or even canned tuna...

Bob

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BobthePhotoGuy View Post
    I would start with the sausages...is it fresh natural sausage? or store bought and full of nitrates and preservatives?
    Or, for that matter, sausage that is store-bought and minimally processed with no nitrates/nitrites?