Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My personal experiment. Quick transition to ketosis? page 5

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyH View Post
    That's interesting, from 'The art and science of low carb living' they recommend lower amounts of PUFA, more Mono and Sat fats. They say the high total fat intake you have, the lower the PUFA's should be.
    I was reading an article online this lunchtime which also said the same, I'll dig it out and post it later.

Be good to hear what's right on this matter!
    Yeah, but Volek and Phinney's book is a book about the science of low carbohydrate diets and by two university professors.

The suggestion to drink large quantities of PUFAs seems, by contrast, to have come from a bodybuilding forum and to have been recommended on the basis that it would quicker.

To be frank bodybuilders don't really care what's healthy or not and would take a drug that would fry their insides if it made them look a little more like what their peculiar sense of aesthetics inclines them to think of as "better" in the short term.

Bottom line: do you want a quick and dirty solution or a healthy one?

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Yeah, but Volek and Phinney's book is a book about the science of low carbohydrate diets and by two university professors.

The suggestion to drink large quantities of PUFAs seems, by contrast, to have come from a bodybuilding forum and to have been recommended on the basis that it would quicker.

To be frank bodybuilders don't really care what's healthy or not and would take a drug that would fry their insides if it made them look a little more like what their peculiar sense of aesthetics inclines them to think of as "better" in the short term.

Bottom line: do you want a quick and dirty solution or a healthy one?
    This is true, but the OP is actually performing an experiment on the *quick* way to get in ketosis; his hypothesis was that performing a dramatic reduction in carbohydrates would rapidly propel him into ketosis. If the information I quoted is correct, it could be exactly the thing that the OP is missing.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

JonnyH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdilla View Post
    This is true, but the OP is actually performing an experiment on the *quick* way to get in ketosis; his hypothesis was that performing a dramatic reduction in carbohydrates would rapidly propel him into ketosis. If the information I quoted is correct, it could be exactly the thing that the OP is missing.
    I hear what your saying, but surely if it's not healthy, why do it?

To qoute V & P, eating too much PUFA on a high fat diet is 'completely invalid(if not dangerous)'

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345