Hypothesis: When fed a moderate carbohydrate diet for several days, then switched to a very low carb diet for several days, I will enter a state of ketosis rapidly, and not several weeks. This is to support the notion that we are perfect omnivores, capable of adapting quickly to the sudden changes in food supply we would experience in the wild.

Method: Starting today, I will continue to eat a moderate carbohydrate paleo/mostly paleo diet. All food will be tracked on fit day and here. I have been eating moderate carbohydrate for the past few days - had some good ice cream, made coconut milk ice cream with a little Torani chocolate syrup and ate a little yesterday, will finish it tonight. Anyway, I'm definitely NOT in ketosis AT ALL right now. I will do a simple, controlled cardiovascular test tonight, and again on the first and second night of very low carb. According to Lewis, my performance should be less-than-optimal when I am transitioning to ketosis. But by day 8 of eating for ketosis, if I am right and Lewis' tool of measurement is reliable, I should perform much better thanks to enhanced ketone body formation.

Yesterday 6/12/12
Eaten at many points throughout the day:
Coconut chocolate ice cream, 1/2 pint normal ice cream. Yes, I'm a little bloated.
Small bowl of green olives
1 pound ground beef cooked in tallow
3 cups of fibrous veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot)
Date night food: Half a burrito, not primal but pretty clean. Beans and rice, steak, sauces. Had some corn chips...date night is cheat day!

Keeping it cleaner now, for experiment!
Today - 6/13/12
10:00-11:00 AM
1/2 pot of plain black coffee.
Two medium avocados, plain.
Cooking now:
Five medium sweet potatoes in three tablespoons tallow, pepper, fennel and 1/2 tsp. salt.

Will update with each item eaten.
Will test cardio tonight, to set a standard.