Thread: Crockpot Chicken *Piccata* page

DeilaMiah is offline Senior Member

Post Crockpot Chicken *Piccata*

Primal Fuel
    Crockpot Chicken *Piccata*

5 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
    1-14 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes (Plain or Seasoned, up to you)

Place chicken into the crockpot, cover with the can of diced tomatoes (WITH LIQUID) and cook on low 6-8 hours. Remove the chicken breasts. Pour crockpot liquid into a saucepan on the stove and add:

1 jar Capers (with or without the liquid drained, up to your tastes)
    1 jar Artichoke Hearts (again, with or without the liquid, up to your tastes)

Stir well and bring to a boil for 5-15 minutes to reduce.

Now, you CAN stir in some butter (1-4T) to the sauce to give it a richer flavor. OR, if you're watching your fat/cals, leave it out and let the sauce reduce another 5-10 minutes to thicken it.

For each serving, place some mashed cauliflower in the bottom of a bowl. Place a breast on top of the cauliflower then spoon some sauce over it. You can also cut/chop each breast up before serving so each person can get a bite of cauliflower, chicken and sauce in each bite.

This is one of the few dishes my picky GrokToddler will eat for dinner. He adores BAS's though!! Weird little so-n-so. (smiles)

~*~ This can be prepped the night before. Put chicken into crock, pour tomatoes over and put, covered, into fridge. Before you leave for work the next morning just pop it into the base, set on low and VOILĄ! ~*~

~*~ Normally I use the artichoke hearts liquid. The brine for the capers is super salty, almost like ocean water, but I'll save it and add some (by teaspoon) to the reduced sauce instead of salt until it's to my liking.~*~
    If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    sounds pretty tasty, and simple to make. i may have to give this a go.

You should. 5 or less ingredients. NO pot to watch (really) and breasts that aren't dried the hell out.

EMAIL ME!

jakey is offline Senior Member
    hang on, i like the simplicity (though wow, you could use some herbs or spices!), but if you don't add in either a starch or a hit of fat, or some of both, this is basically protein and fiber, vis a vis fuel.

i'm all for being aware of calories and not needlessly pouring on fat, but i do need fuel. carbs or fat, or some of each. this is protein only, basically.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hiya jakey~

Look again. In the reduction of the sauce it says you can add in 1-4T of butter (for those who aren't watching calories) and to serve it over mashed cauliflower. Hell, once served, throw some more butter on top if you wish. YMMV!

This is just a basic recipe for NON dry chicken breasts. Add a side salad or green beans or whatever.

Also, you can use herbed diced tomatoes... and the artichoke and capers WILL add some flavor. Most people *adapt* recipes to their own, unique taste so..... I didn't give any over the top directions.

SMILES
    Last edited by DeilaMiah; 06-13-2012 at 11:19 AM.

EMAIL ME!