Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: fat acceptance movement page 9

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It's okay to not hate yourself, it's just WRONG not to want to change and become a better version of you. People should strive to get wiser and smarter and more complete human beings every day, not go ''well, I tried the same thing over and over and over and every time I had the same result, it must be that it's impossible to do''. If something you try doesn't work, it's because of two reasons: either you did it wrong, or you did it right, and it was a wrong solution. Every time I fail at something, I just ask myself ''did I do it right?''. If the answer is yes, and it still didn't work, I just look for another solution. How people fail to understand that and keep repeating their mistakes and crying over it is beyond me. The whole ''it's not my fault, people (or CW or the government or my mom) told me things that were wrong'' isn't an excuse either. People say bullshit and ignorant statements all day long, if you haven't figured that out by the time you're 15 you haven't been out of your hole much (or you weren't listening enough). You hear advice? You think it's good? Try it, and if it doesn't work then maybe it was crappy advice or not applicable to you, move on and find something better, stop blaming others.

So fat people, don't hate yourselves, love yourselves so much you'll want the best for yourself and you'll look for the right answers. If you can't find them, look more.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    So fat people, don't hate yourselves, love yourselves so much you'll want the best for yourself and you'll look for the right answers. If you can't find them, look more.
    Right, but only I can decide what is best for me. You do not get to look at me and say, "You should want the best for yourself" perhaps this is it. Take Griff, for example, he lost weight he got far healthier then he stopped because he was in what he considered the best place for him. Rightly or wrongly or whatever, it is where he felt the most comfortable. He basically got run off the forums for saying so. That is straight up bullshit. Perhaps 10% bodyfat is not the best for everyone. Perhaps 280 pounds is where someone wants to be. That is their business not mine, yours, or anyone else's.

Also, not directed at Winterbike (who I am quoting) but in general, I get tired of hearing the 'well, we have to pay for you being fat"bullshit. I have to pay for your damned kids to go to school. I have to pay for people to get food stamps, social security, disability. I have to pay farmers to get subsidies, corporations to get hand outs. hell, I pay for 1,000,000 things I don't want every day. So do you. if you think all your money is going to fat people you are out of your mind.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I miss Griff around here. I still have contact with him, but he was a great member of this forum and I wish he was still posting.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    t's okay to not hate yourself, it's just WRONG not to want to change and become a better version of you. People should strive to get wiser and smarter and more complete human beings every day,
    okay, what does weight have to do with that?

version 1 of me: 130, smart, capable, helpful, out of the box thinker, etc etc etc
    version 2 of me: 230, smart, capable, helpful, out of the box thinker, etc etc etc

how i look to the world overshadows my accomplishments?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spacey47 View Post
    Not me you F**Kin wont!
    The fuck we won't.

First we'll get Russell Brand, then the rest of you swishy brits.

Our agents are everywhere.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Take Griff, for example,

He basically got run off the forums for saying so. .
    dafuq?

WHO? WHO RAN OFF GRIFF?

I'll moidalize 'em. I'll grind their bones to make me bread. I'll pulverize them into a bloody red paste. I'll make them disappear into a fine red mist.

...well, I don't really have time for that right now. But I will put it on my to do list.

Okay, so I'll never have time for it.

But still. Fuckers.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    You hear advice? You think it's good? Try it, and if it doesn't work then maybe it was crappy advice or not applicable to you, move on and find something better, stop blaming others.
    part of loving yourself may be giving up on finding something that works, simply because it has been such an unhealthy obsession for so long and nothing has worked. haven't btdt myself, but it's a possibility that seems to be the experience of others.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Also, not directed at Winterbike (who I am quoting) but in general, I get tired of hearing the 'well, we have to pay for you being fat"bullshit. I have to pay for your damned kids to go to school. I have to pay for people to get food stamps, social security, disability. I have to pay farmers to get subsidies, corporations to get hand outs. hell, I pay for 1,000,000 things I don't want every day. So do you. if you think all your money is going to fat people you are out of your mind.
    w0rd

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    The fuck we won't.

First we'll get Russell Brand...
    NOOOOO!!!!!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    dafuq?

WHO? WHO RAN OFF GRIFF?

I'll moidalize 'em. I'll grind their bones to make me bread. I'll pulverize them into a bloody red paste. I'll make them disappear into a fine red mist.

...well, I don't really have time for that right now. But I will put it on my to do list.

Okay, so I'll never have time for it.

But still. Fuckers.

Well, no one specifically said "GTFO Griff" but he was made to feel so unwelcome he left. At least that is how he expressed it and how it looked to some of the rest of us.

and Saoirse, yes. Russell Brand is a class A douchenozzle.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    yes, very true, but still i have a soft spot for him. maybe part of me is a silly woman.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I think a big reason people give up and stop trying to learn new ways is because so many things don't work and its often non-compliance that makes you fail. You can't stick to veganism or 1200 calories a day and an hour of hard cardio a day or slim fast or whatever for long enough to lose weight or you lose the weight and then can't stay vegan.

Even Primal people have trouble sticking to it, and still for many of us it isn't exactly easy to lose the weight even on primal. The last two months I have been less focused and maintained, which makes me happy.... but I need to comply pretty tightly to lose pounds which is hard when life intervenes. It's not so much "ooo McDonalds and pizza"... more like "oh, I want a drink with friends" or "shoot, no time to lift" or just eating a bit too much primal foods because I'm tired of measuring and carefully balancing...

What gives me hope is the effortless maintenance, but still... this is hard. Unfortunately it comes at the end of a long effort of restricting food and hard exercise. I look at it this way- when I chose primal, my other thought was veganism again... I read a just as compelling book on veganism as primal. IfI had gone vegan, I'd have probably been writing that article.

So I get it when people don't believe primal will work for them- they've been failed again and again by many different diet plans. Why should they trust it is any better than veganism, south beach or Jenny Craig? Why should they ditch olive oil for coconut oil? You can find evidence for and against anything. And honestly, this forum.... is discouraging on how much people complicate this way of life. OK, take iodine, until your hair falls out, then sit in ice water, NEVER EAT FRUIT, eat coffee blended with butter, OMG DON'T JOG but do tabata sprints.... SUGAR KILLS, live a little have some haagen das, and while you are at it, eat a pizza, NO NUTS EVER but here is a recipe for a cupcake that has 800 calories of almonds in it, but that apple is what makes you fat.....

It comes off a little faddish. And if you are an experienced dieter its a little hard to buy into.

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast