Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: fat acceptance movement page 52

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i imagine sitting on hard surfaces would be very uncomfortable for Lady Right

but she looks like the original muse for all fairy paintings

and Lady Left says- I WILL KICK YOUR ASS AND LOOK HOT DOING IT
    Yes. Lady left looks hot, strong and healthy.

Right looks ...uninviting

Dammit. New inspiration!!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    ^ i know right?

also

yes, smoker rights

yes for sure gay and lesbian rights
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    ^ i know right?

also

yes, smoker rights

yes for sure gay and lesbian rights
    I support anyone's right to do anything they want, as long as they aren't infringing on anyone else. Marry whomever you wish, I can't imagine any scenario in which it causes me any harm. And smoking sections in restaurants are fine, but as the owner just expect that a lot of people (like myself) will never patronize your establishment if we have to breathe in that nastiness.

I don't think it's right to just pick your own certain issues that you demand everyone be tolerant of. It's like free speech, that right wasn't put there to protect inoffensive speech. It's the protect the right to say things that will really piss other people off.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    I don't think it's right to just pick your own certain issues that you demand everyone be tolerant of. It's like free speech, that right wasn't put there to protect inoffensive speech. It's the protect the right to say things that will really piss other people off.
    so what are you doing to help protect others rights? it seems that what's being argued here is "if you put in the effort for your own civil liberties cause, you need to do it for everyone else too"

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I didn't realize fat people were anti gay and anti smoking.

And I don't quite see the point in the pic of the amazing fit woman vs. the model.... the fit woman is fit- not fat. I don't think even the most jaded nasty fashion editor would call the fit woman fat. Heck they might even have the same body fat %'s. If you put up a pic of say, Roseanne Barr and the model, they would both have unhealthy bodies.

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    so what are you doing to help protect others rights? it seems that what's being argued here is "if you put in the effort for your own civil liberties cause, you need to do it for everyone else too"
    No, that's not what I meant. I mean that if you put the effort in your own civil liberties cause, you shouldn't put in effort against other people's causes. As in - - "I want freedom and acceptance for the things that important to me, but I want society/government to crack down on those other people I don't like!" Not cool.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I'm only a libertarian because I don't think I could ever cope with the mental-headfuck of deciding whether a mixed-race, obsese, smoking, bisexual trainspotter was a waste of space on this planet or not.

And that's without even knowing their religion.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    I support anyone's right to do anything they want, as long as they aren't infringing on anyone else. Marry whomever you wish, I can't imagine any scenario in which it causes me any harm. And smoking sections in restaurants are fine, but as the owner just expect that a lot of people (like myself) will never patronize your establishment if we have to breathe in that nastiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    And I don't quite see the point in the pic of the amazing fit woman vs. the model.... the fit woman is fit- not fat. I don't think even the most jaded nasty fashion editor would call the fit woman fat. Heck they might even have the same body fat %'s. If you put up a pic of say, Roseanne Barr and the model, they would both have unhealthy bodies.
    Yeah... some of them would... They literally think that the catwalk shape girl is the ideal, and the fit chick is BULKY... too bulky to look good in fashion clothing.
    Designer John Paul Gautier is well known for it... he takes already too skinny models and has them photoshopped even skinnier.

In high fashion the woman is there to provide a walking hangar basically, she shouldn't interfere with the line of the clothing.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Give you an idea of the "walking hanger" concept. I went into an open call for modeling back in college. I'm 5'3" and back then I was 110 lb soaking wet. I was given a callback, but the judge said, and I quote "you could stand to lose 20 lb if you're really serious about this." I walked out and never went to another one.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yeah... some of them would... They literally think that the catwalk shape girl is the ideal, and the fit chick is BULKY... too bulky to look good in fashion clothing.
    Designer John Paul Gautier is well known for it... he takes already too skinny models and has them photoshopped even skinnier.

In high fashion the woman is there to provide a walking hangar basically, she shouldn't interfere with the line of the clothing.
    I'm shocked that gaultier would want a shapeless androgynous looking model
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast