Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: fat acceptance movement page 39

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Exactly. A lot of folks who start out overweight have self-image issues. Accepting themselves can be a catalyst towards positive gains in weight, self-esteem, diet, health, etc.

Also, Udo Dirkschneider from Accept. I think he was about 5'3". Stand proudly, Petey Spaceballs, all 5'3" of ye!
    Next thing you know we'll have a shortness acceptance movement thread.

I really liked it better when we were drooling over Thor. Could we get back to that please?

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I really liked it better when we were drooling over Thor. Could we get back to that please?
    YES.

I love when a movie I think looks simply awful from its preview turns out to be great fun.

On a random note, did anyone else hate the book Practical Magic but love the movie? Or am I alone in that?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I really like the movie "Practical Magic" and didn't even know there was a book. Goes to show how much I pay attention to these things.

Also, I abandoned all talk of muscly guys when someone brought up Ryan Reynolds because I don't know why, but I do not find that guy attractive. LOL I mean, decent actor, good looking and all that, but for some reason, he does not inspire any excitement in me. So, I have to back away.

spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    95% of dude's posts are in this thread. Whatevs. Did find that he started a journal... I'm 5'3" and have a 40" waist, yada yada yada... Color me scared. And I'm the one who's about to have a heart attack? LOL. Can it wait until I run my half marathon this fall?

Don't worry, Spacey, lots of famous people in history were vertically challenged. Napoleon. Ronnie James Dio. Well, there are others but I can't think of them now. But I'm sure there are a bunch!
    Is that the half Marathon for fat slobs?

If you can read and quote properly you will note that I have said I have in the past had up to a 40 inch waist not due to a broken metabolism or
    Some. Imagined health problem, no ones fault but my own for simply not training and eating too much.

But with a little discipline and healthy eating I'm currently rocking a 32inch waist and getting leaner by the day and very fit to boot.

I don't accept being out of shape, don't make excuses for it, don't blame others when it has happened it's simply LAZINESS and too much FOOD

Btw tall people are more inclined to develop cancer, suffer back problems and issues with their joints especially big ones like you so it's all swings and roundabouts.

Make sure the medics are on standby

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I really like the movie "Practical Magic" and didn't even know there was a book. Goes to show how much I pay attention to these things.

Also, I abandoned all talk of muscly guys when someone brought up Ryan Reynolds because I don't know why, but I do not find that guy attractive. LOL I mean, decent actor, good looking and all that, but for some reason, he does not inspire any excitement in me. So, I have to back away.
    I have a pair of ocellated dragonets named for Birdee and Justin in Hope Floats (because they look like awesome little sparrow-y fish).

Male in front with the peacock spotted dorsal flag... Their pectoral fins are like little wings! And they move about with a hopping motion, and peck at food. Nutzballs cute!
    I'll always watch that one and Practical Magic if they are on.
    I tried the book for Practical Magic after watching it a bunch of times and put down my inability to want to read it to the fact that I'd seen the movie at least a dozen times already. Maybe that wasn't the problem.

As for Ryan Renolds... meh.
    And I have to go even further and admit that I feel exactly the same way about Ryan Gosling.
    Meh and Bleh.... the two Ryans.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-22-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Not even a stir... *sigh*
    I mean I can see that he looks good, but... nothing.
    Where is little nose girl.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Of course... when I watch the heavyweight MMA guys BEAT the holyTar out of each other, I sometimes think of micking one so Ican go for a ride.
    BAD brain... bad bad bad!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Ohhh... that is better.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast