Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: fat acceptance movement page 38

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    My avatar picture is recent, too.

* sizzle *
    Oh my god. I just clicked on your blog and now I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the afternoon. Your writing is so funny. And wonderful! I just got through the Spiffy Slides entry and was giggling out loud in my office. I really hope you add to this blog frequently.

spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Internet tough guy, folks. Shit for brains and proves it again and again. Would love to have you say that to me in person, LOL!
    take one to know one eh fella?

you look like a heart attack waiting to happen ..why do you bother with primal?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spacey47 View Post
    take one to know one eh fella?

you look like a heart attack waiting to happen ..why do you bother with primal?
    You look like... oh wait... we don't know.
    It's entirely possible that you weigh 400+ pounds and that all of your blather here is merely a spewing geyser of self loathing.
    One of your few allies here has been known to suffer from this for quite some time. It's sad.

And while you claim to be uber important, white collar, and educated your constant misunderstanding and misuse of language and grammar have tipped the hat to that particular trick.
    Just another sad bunch of swill.

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

95% of dude's posts are in this thread. Whatevs. Did find that he started a journal... I'm 5'3" and have a 40" waist, yada yada yada... Color me scared. And I'm the one who's about to have a heart attack? LOL. Can it wait until I run my half marathon this fall?

Don't worry, Spacey, lots of famous people in history were vertically challenged. Napoleon. Ronnie James Dio. Well, there are others but I can't think of them now. But I'm sure there are a bunch!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Jack Lalane was short, and Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone, and more.

Dio RULES!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ronnie James Dio was EPIC! \M/
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    One of my prouder moments in life was when my son (he's 21 now) told me how Dio was a music legend.

I did such a good job!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Who on the thread has discouraged a healthy lifestyle for people who are overweight and obese? Has anyone made that claim?

I have not yet seen that claim from any poster on the board.

Where you get that idea, I have no idea.

Many of us are 'doing something' every day to help people find health and vitality. By participating on this board, we are working on the epidemic in practical, personal ways.

For me, a person's weight when they start primal is irrelevant. Their success in a primal lifestyle is what is meaningful to me. And so, I accord them total acceptance from the outset -- regardless of weight/sex/age/appearance/etc -- and then also advise them openly based on my perspective and experience.

How is that "doing nothing" about this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Who on the thread has discouraged a healthy lifestyle for people who are overweight and obese? Has anyone made that claim?

I have not yet seen that claim from any poster on the board.

Where you get that idea, I have no idea.

Many of us are 'doing something' every day to help people find health and vitality. By participating on this board, we are working on the epidemic in practical, personal ways.

For me, a person's weight when they start primal is irrelevant. Their success in a primal lifestyle is what is meaningful to me. And so, I accord them total acceptance from the outset -- regardless of weight/sex/age/appearance/etc -- and then also advise them openly based on my perspective and experience.

How is that "doing nothing" about this situation?
    Exactly. A lot of folks who start out overweight have self-image issues. Accepting themselves can be a catalyst towards positive gains in weight, self-esteem, diet, health, etc.

Also, Udo Dirkschneider from Accept. I think he was about 5'3". Stand proudly, Petey Spaceballs, all 5'3" of ye!

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    I just clicked on your blog and now I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the afternoon. Your writing is so funny. And wonderful! I just got through the Spiffy Slides entry and was giggling out loud in my office. I really hope you add to this blog frequently.
    Glad you enjoy it!

I hated that job so very, very much.

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast