Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: fat acceptance movement page 33

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah, this thread has given me a whole new list of heroes!

Seriously regretting the post that I deleted. I hate being the better person and henceforth resolve not to be.

Does "being a big ass" count as being obese? If so, I sense a lot of self hate going on...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Ah, this thread has given me a whole new list of heroes!

Seriously regretting the post that I deleted. I hate being the better person and henceforth resolve not to be.

Does "being a big ass" count as being obese? If so, I sense a lot of self hate going on...
    So if I understand you, you're suggesting that the 'haters' (fierce and spacy) in this thread are spiritually and mentally 'fat', and that the bile they spew forth here is actually a manifestation of their self-loathing?

An interesting theory.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    So if I understand you, you're suggesting that the 'haters' (fierce and spacy) in this thread are spiritually and mentally 'fat', and that the bile they spew forth here is actually a manifestation of their self-loathing?

An interesting theory.
    All I'm saying is what I learned a long time ago - when people get upset with a segment of the population that have done nothing to harm them in any way, it says more about the hater than it does about the people they hate.

But you say it much better!

spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    Can someone point out where I have said I HATE obese people?

Go on actually QUOTE a post where I have said it?

If you cannot, do not use the pathetic internet troll term HATER .

I regard obesity and by this I am not talking about people who are a few lbs overweight but those who are medically defined as such as being a drain on the finances of a country in the same way as those who smoke, the difference being that cigarettes are taxed heavily and bring in billions of pounds/dollars of tax to the government unlike the unhealthy foodstuffs.

I do not see why I should have to subsidize someone's 'FAT' habit which in terms of impact is up there with cigarettes and alcohol in terms of health costs without providing any source of income from tax to pay for themselves

Why should I pay more for a plane ticket to take into account people who are well over the average weight of a passenger?

On a personal level I find gross obesity repulsive to look at and indeed those who are grossly under weight that's just a personal reaction, I don't like watching or being around people when they smoke either. ...so Sue me!

The worst part is that people abuse their kids with food, I see so many kids who are obese now that it's almost normal to be so
    Is that a GOOD thing ?should we ACCEPT that? Knowing what health issues are in store for them?

The MAJORITY of people here judging by the SUCCESS stories and their own journals cough cough 'OWLY' are motivated by WEIGHT/FAT loss!

All the fasting posts are to do with WEIGHTLOSS, fitness posts WEIGHTLOSS nutrition posts WEIGHTLOSS

What a bunch of hypocrites most of you are obssessed with WEIGHT/FAT loss!

If being fat is OK why not just stay fat and ACCEPT yourselves?

Because You are basically full of shit that's why

Owly is offline Senior Member
    My choice of what to do with my body is my own. I accept others' rights to decide what works best for them and what makes them feel satisfied in their bodies. I believe everyone deserves dignity and respect, which is why I support fat acceptance. That doesn't mean I think people should stay fat, but it also doesn't mean that I think they should get thin--it means I support whatever choice people make for themselves, including choosing to love and accept their bodies as they are.

Also, I must have really hit a nerve with you if you're creeping my journal for ammunition now. Sorry to disappoint you by being successful at achieving my health and fitness goals so you couldn't throw my weight in my face--I'm guessing that's why you went trolling around there in the first place.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Delivered by Loki. I saw it again Monday night, so worth it. Hooray for cheap local theaters.

(Thread sufficiently derailed yet?)
    just watched Thor. the lameness in the dialogue was completely overshadowed by rippling pecs so i enjoyed the film. i think i'm sufficiently prepared to watch the Avengers now.

oh wait, i'm supposed to be talking about fat people right? it's pretty simple for me. don't "hate on" other people, and let them make their own medical decisions. sure, i find it disgusting to see a fat person eat a twinkie, just as much as i find it disgusting to watch a skinny person eat a twinkie. Twinkies are disgusting.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    just watched Thor. the lameness in the dialogue was completely overshadowed by rippling pecs so i enjoyed the film. i think i'm sufficiently prepared to watch the Avengers now.
    There was dialogue?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

umm...i think there was. in between sexy glances and rippling pecs. something about an anvil and frostbite? i'm not sure.

Wait, wait! Which movie is this??? I suddenly feel a movie night coming on...

Thor
    i loved the scene where he was tugging on his hammer. oh and there was a fight scene involving Thor and a larger, muscly dude fighting in the rain and mud. *thoughtful pause*

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast