Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 566

Thread: fat acceptance movement page 27

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    337
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    And the gap in our understanding that we will never fill is a divine being beyond our kenning who is so shallow that He/She/It gets riled over my extra poundage?

    Well, we all have our issues.
    What? Get the heck out of town (GTHOT).

  2. #262
    Gay Panda's Avatar
    Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Magical Bamboo Forest
    Posts
    3,346
    Town? I believe my location reads MAGICAL BAMBOO FOREST.

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Town? I believe my location reads MAGICAL BAMBOO FOREST.
    That's fair. Glad we came to an understanding.

  4. #264
    Lynna's Avatar
    Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Newark, Delaware USA
    Posts
    1,706
    OH EM GEE, it's the not so loveable curmudgeon!

  5. #265
    doghug's Avatar
    doghug is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkSabbath74 View Post
    I think you can refuse to accept obesity without mocking someone for being fat.

    If anything, I feel sorry for those who are overweight. I don't mock them.

    Having said that, it DOES make me angry to see people flaunting or embracing their obesity in such a way as to become a negative role model for others.




    I don't hate smokers either, but it doesn't mean I'm going to ignore the fact that its unhealthy.

    Well put
    " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

    - Vincent Van Gogh




    Primal Since January 2011

  6. #266
    spacey47's Avatar
    spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    No, I'm someone who's actually spent time with international development orgs and understands that the complexities of the global food supply are much bigger than whether someone in North America eats an extra-large portion. One of the reasons for obesity is the ready availability of cheap, grain-based (mostly corn-based) calories in North America, which is supported in many ways by massive subsidies. Those subsidies then affect the global food market, making it difficult for farmers in other countries to make a living off their crops and forcing people into poverty and dependence on food aid, particularly when climate conditions cause droughts that make it impossible for people to grow their own food and poverty means they can't afford to buy it. That food aid is often manipulated and blocked by corrupt governments and warlords, leading to famines. Most famine isn't about lack of global resources; it's caused by political and economic circumstances that deny people access to food even when it's available. If aid workers can't get into a country because it's unsafe for them to be there, then people will starve, and all the virtuous self-denial on the part of well-meaning Westerners won't change that.

    The oversimplification of the geopolitics of food in your posts is ridiculous, and I think you need to do more research than just reading a sensational BBC article and thinking you know the whole story.

    Oh, oops, I almost forgot:

    YOU'RE the troll.
    That all sounds good and laudable and well thought out apart from the fact that you have COMPLETELY missed the point, instead of rushing to give us you're opinion maybe you should have tried reading the actual report and commented on what was actually being said?

    Who mentioned famine? Or food shortages? Or the politics of food aid the complexity of which is well known so spare me the indignant BS .

    What the article says is IF you had the wit to read it is based on research done by a scientists of the London school of hygiene and tropical sciences
    Which states that the increasing World Obesity if other countries reached the level of the USA would effectively be the equivalent of feeding another BILLION people . This is just one albeit huge point why obesity is such a huge impact environmentally, financially on the planet and needs to be addressed.

    As a planet we are getting fatter and that is more of an issue than population growth in terms of food

    So next time before you run YOU'RE big mouth get YOU'RE facts right

    As for sensationalist article I would rather read the opinions of real scientists than some dipshit internet idiot like you
    Last edited by spacey47; 06-20-2012 at 12:48 PM.

  7. #267
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    8,689
    i don't know if you're joking or serious but i can't take it any more

    YOUR = possesive. ie, 'how's your wife?', 'are you done with your homework yet?', 'your house is on fire'

    YOU'RE = YOU ARE. ie, 'you are very not tolerating of fat', 'you are kind of obnoxious', 'you are a boy?'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Account closed
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i don't know if you're joking or serious but i can't take it any more

    your = possesive. Ie, 'how's your wife?', 'are you done with your homework yet?', 'your house is on fire'

    you're = you are. Ie, 'you are very not tolerating of fat', 'you are kind of obnoxious', 'you are a boy?'
    ummmm, halo bloodrocket, but their are many ways to spell, words!!!!!!!!1 just accuse you quote on quote "think" your spelling it the right way does"nt all ways mean your right, sometimes spellings is tricksy!!!!!11!!!!!!! Its' not fare four you to be like some kind of grammer "expart" and go around caressing everyones' else poseds!!!!!!!!

  9. #269
    spacey47's Avatar
    spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i don't know if you're joking or serious but i can't take it any more

    YOUR = possesive. ie, 'how's your wife?', 'are you done with your homework yet?', 'your house is on fire'

    YOU'RE = YOU ARE. ie, 'you are very not tolerating of fat', 'you are kind of obnoxious', 'you are a boy?'
    I'm taking the piss but try Actually reading the points.

  10. #270
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,949
    PrimalCon New York
    Spacey47- Have you considered having the admins change your name to FatTroll01, because you don't seem to contribute anything to the forum except your anti-fat rants. It would be apt.

    Also... the world is going to feed another billion people regardless.
    There is even argument among scientists as to whether or not the world is currently overpopulated.
    China enforces birth limits.
    Mommy Life: Chinese woman-7 mos pregnant-beaten, aborted
    You are most likely not going to see this happen anywhere else within the foreseeable future, as in within your lifetime or the lifetime of the next generation or two.
    Your point is moot.
    Fat or thin makes no difference whatsoever if there is not some limit on human population.
    And there is not.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-20-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •