Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: fat acceptance movement page 25

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    The ignore function for this here forum here is really starting to grow on me.

At the least it allows me to step away from unproductive conversations and avoid being trolled.

(Darth Friendly and GrumpyCakes are by definition loveable curmudgeons, and not trolls)
    Fixed it for you.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    The plus size people have dominated this country the last 10 years or so. I have had enough.
    You should change your screen name to "She Who Talks Out of Her Ass".

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    You should change your screen name to "She Who Talks Out of Her Ass".
    or she who is taking the piss

otherwise, is a pretty unappealing human who should endeavour to keep her repulsive statements to herself

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    like this. really? How? In politics? In space? Financially? Media attention? What do you mean?
    Yeah I don't get this. I am trying (and failing) to think of any way in which plus-size people have done anything that in any way directly harmed me. I have heard the theory that they suck up an inordinate amount of health-care, but I've also heard data suggesting that their often-shorter lifespans actually cause them to use LESS healthcare (in total dollars over total lifespan). And that is just for the really, really obese people. I've read that for people in the "overweight" category, there is often no difference at all in healthcare dollars used. Carrying 25 extra lbs doesn't mean you're going to cost the insurance company double.

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Shit that annoys me more than fat people:
    People who smell, particularly BO, but the guys in Axe at the mall are pretty bad too.
    The guy that sells Dead Sea Salt at the Mall
    People who drive poorly
    People who insist on bringing poorly behaved children places
    People who can't control their dogs
    Alcoholics
    Hippies wandering around high (see #1)
    I gotta second that guy that sells the dead sea salt at the mall. I've met him in Calgary and in Houston. He does get around.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Carrying 25 extra lbs doesn't mean you're going to cost the insurance company double.
    And if you are buying individual insurance and are obese, you will pay a higher premium and if you get sick you will also pay more.

Yeah, and I'd be curious to learn more about obese domination. Our president is pretty buff as is his wife. There are what- 2-3 female actresses in Hollywood that are obese, one female singer that is obese (or maybe she is just overweight) a few plus size models (that are merely overweight/normal) and Dove products uses normal bodies in their campaigns- but no one that is likely to actually be obese.

getfit is offline Junior Member
    Fat acceptance movement? Hmmm... Seems to really benefit the food industry and pharmas in my opinion. Who in their right mind wants to accept diabetes and other obesity related diseases? Those who are ignorant for sure, as well as corporations benefiting significantly from the obese.

spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    like this. really? How? In politics? In space? Financially? Media attention? What do you mean?
    Well they are eating all the fucking food for a start!

Did ANY of you follow the link I posted to the BBC? That points out that western obesity has more impact on world food supplies than population growth!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Yes, so you should all totally pack up your leftovers and mail them to Africa after every meal.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    The plus size people have dominated this country the last 10 years or so. I have had enough.
    I was totally fired up and ready to make this my mission statement and then I remembered that I am a plus size person. DAMMIT.

There's nothing worse than being forced into a dominant position when one is, at heart, submissive.

Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast