Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Pharma assault on O3 page

BlkSabbath74 is offline Member

Big Pharma assault on O3

Primal Fuel
    There were no less than 3 articles in yahoo today attempting to cast doubt on O3.

If you read the articles, they were short term studies and got no real results either way. Beyond that, it seems obvious that they designed the studies specifically to that purpose.

From what I understand, you really need a healthy diet to truly benefit from O3 supplements anyway. If you take them with a donut, the insulinin will store it right to your ass.

But yeah, Big Pharma adds a few O3 supplements to a SAD and when the subjects don't immediately start talking about astrophysics they conclude that it has no effect.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    So glad someone brought this up, I saw at least one of these articles, which even in itself was contradictory, but the doctor was advising his patients to no longer take fish oil supplements bc of this study, which only used 1.7 g dose of fish oil once daily and of course did not look at the types of O6 in their diet. I typically tell people that if they want a laugh in regards to bad nutrition advice, take a look at the "experts" on yahoo.

However, I did see one article today that was not on the actual health page but was buried somewhere else written by a PhD who condemned the low fat movement and did not go as far to say eliminate all grains, but did say you probably couldn't eat any grains he would consider ok at your local supermarket. So I thought that was progress!

It just cheesed me off that the studies themselves were more or less worthless, and did nothing apart from providing a weak excuse to flash headlines like "Study shows Omega 3s don't affect brain health."

When you read, you learn that the study gleaned no useflul information, but how many people just saw the headline and moved on...

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    We live in a seriously crazy world. It's scary sometimes, the lengths that people (typically in power) will go to remain in power. We don't care about our own species in the least. While I know the majority of people are good, we really don't seem deserving of such an amazing planet.

brb off to become a vegan..

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by codered5 View Post
    take a look at the "experts" on yahoo.
    Whenever I hear of an 'expert' opinion, I think of my definition of an expert. To do this you have to break the word down to its phonetic components.

So remember

An 'ex' is a has been, and a 'spurt' is a drip under pressure.

Cheers
    have a great day.

They've put up two more anti Omega 3 articles.

What really floors me is the studies themselves don't actually give any real information, one way or the other, but the articles themselves are worded so as to insinuate that O3 has no effect on brain health, almost mockingly so...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkSabbath74 View Post
    There were no less than 3 articles in yahoo today attempting to cast doubt on O3.

If you read the articles, they were short term studies and got no real results either way. Beyond that, it seems obvious that they designed the studies specifically to that purpose.

From what I understand, you really need a healthy diet to truly benefit from O3 supplements anyway. If you take them with a donut, the insulinin will store it right to your ass

But yeah, Big Pharma adds a few O3 supplements to a SAD and when the subjects don't immediately start talking about astrophysics they conclude that it has no effect.
    Unfortunately, this is the way a lot of people take 03. It's like saying so many hail Marys to make up for your sins.
    I don't see this as a power conspiracy, rather as many people being to lazy to really change their ways and looking to find "the trick" that will game the process.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-13-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Two more 'new' articles on O3 this morning...one headline reads Omega 3 benefits to brain health debunked.

Man, this crap is pissing me off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    We live in a seriously crazy world. It's scary sometimes, the lengths that people (typically in power) will go to remain in power. We don't care about our own species in the least. While I know the majority of people are good, we really don't seem deserving of such an amazing planet.

brb off to become a vegan..
    +1
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    My happiest days are when I pay absolutely no heed to news at all from any source. I was so unplugged and happy and out of the loop (just totally turned it all off) a few times that my sister-in-law started calling me to let me know when the next huge storm front was supposed to be coming because she knew I wouldn't have heard it. That was bliss.

Yea, O-3 works. Disabled daughter actually has long-term hard-ass data collected on her by a very credentialled CCC-SLP we have been seeing for years. She couldn't account for the language gains in my severely speech AND language disabled kid until I told her that we were supplementing with high doses of fish-dha. (Just FYI, this SLP got my non-verbal daughter to speak when other less-able therapists couldn't, so she is a keeper - kindest human, too)

Primal taught me to watch the O-6 thing. I have been replacing the high o-6 oils in the house food supply and ability is jumping again...

I am getting to the point that I think studies are like a**holes - everybody has one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast