Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vibram 5-fingers for wide feet page

substantial.jesus Guest

Shop Now

has anyone with wide feet tried the vibrams? i'm extremely interested in these, but am afraid that my foot just won't fit in them. i wear a 13-14 (depending on brand and style) which i feel is pretty big for 5-fingers to begin with.

any thoughts? alternatives?

Charles_M is offline Junior Member

I just got my 5 fingers last Friday, and I generally wear a 13 in other shoes. The sides are generally elastic, and it is the exact fit of your longest toe that should be your main concern in my opinion.

Directly from the website FAQ "DO YOU MAKE WIDTHS?

FiveFingers use a stretch fabric upper that accommodates most medium and wide widths (up to EEE) comfortably, as our business grows we hope to offer more sizing options" (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/technology/faqs.cfm)

Plus their return policy is: "Within 30 business days of the original purchase we will accept returns on clean and unworn FiveFingers* in the complete and original packaging.

-You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 30 days of our receiving your returned product" (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/Use...nge%20Form.doc)

I think you will be fine. Plus, so far they are great in my opinion, I wish they were considered "Work Appropriate", if they were I would never take them off!

substantial.jesus Guest

thank you so much for the reply...as soon as i can get some money together i will definitely be purchasing these. now, to just decide what colors...

schadowrider is offline Senior Member

I tend to wear an E or EEE width shoe (11 - 11.5), and the VFF fit me just fine (I have a pair of Mocs and KSO's, and am picking up some Treks this evening).

chima_p is offline Senior Member

ikaika is offline Senior Member

Good onya

I'm quite small, but have wide feet, and my 5-fingers have never given me an issue. They've never felt weird, they just fit. Once you try them on, you'll know. And if you have to decide what colors, you're lucky-- my area is so sold out that when I found my size, I got them!

Just think of the money you'll save on gym shoes and its worth it.

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    I normally wear a 14 E shoe. I have the 47's from Vibram (12 inch foot length) and they work great, I have no issues with foot width.

magnus84 is offline Member
    I wear 16/17 US and am flat footed. I am at the extreme upper end, they only had one style that got close (at the time, I haven't checked since). I had a hard time, as you can tell I'm on the extreme end and my feet were extremely uncomfortable. However, and this is important, the real discomfort is in my massive big toe, not in regard to the width. So wide feet will not be a problem, but if you have naturally massive feet (specifically oddly massive toes) the real discomfort would be in the toes. Judging by your foot size... that is not a problem at all.

I solved my problem by creating slits on either side of both big toes and had my sister create a seam that won't just rip. It made the big toe part a lot more elastic and is now perfect.
    Not done yet...

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus84 View Post
    I solved my problem by creating slits on either side of both big toes and had my sister create a seam that won't just rip. It made the big toe part a lot more elastic and is now perfect.
    Interesting, I have fat big toes but haven't had any problems

magnus84 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    Interesting, I have fat big toes but haven't had any problems
    Remember the part where I wear size 17 US...
    Not done yet...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast