Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MARK and WORKER BEES- Spammers page

naiadknight is offline Senior Member

MARK and WORKER BEES- Spammers

Primal Fuel
    I realize that the spammers are being too prolific to catch early right now. Because of that I would request a forum mod where if someone on my ignore list posts a thread, I don't see it at all, or it's flagged in another background color. That would make a lot of the spammer threads appear to go away until y'all can get around to removing them.
    Just a suggestion to help y'all help us,
    naiad
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I give you 5 minutes to git off our forum.

300px-Cat_w-machine_gun.jpg

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Wondering if having to make like 10-20 posts before you can post a thread would help.

I just wish I could find a way to watch {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Denmark vs. England }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} live...
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Wondering if having to make like 10-20 posts before you can post a thread would help.
    Nah, they'd just spam the journals until they got up to it. Same goes with post limits before allowing a link or a photo. short of banning IPs, it's a hand pick job, as these are humans doing it.
    I do think a quiz before sign up would help. 10-15 basic multiple guess questions on what primal is, if you fail it, you don't get to become a forum member. That would discourage a lot of them.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    10-15 basic multiple guess questions on what primal is, if you fail it, you don't get to become a forum member. That would discourage a lot of them.
    Perhaps but it would also discourage many who check out the forums to find out what primal is, whether it is worth buying the book, and if it is a WOE for them. I couldn't have answered 10 questions about primal before coming here. "What is primal?" I don't know, some thing a dude at work keeps talking about...oh shit, that isn't one of my choices...

Appointing forum moderators from those who actually post and read the forums might be a good start.

I know. It doesn't prevent you from reading, especially not from reading the stickies or the blog. It just prevents spammers and idiots that ask if they can still have wheat without reading.
    I second the idea of active mods. Not overactive or overreactive mods, just mods who are on more than once a day for more than an hour.
    My Primal Battle Tome

YAY! Mods have started cleaning them out. Thank you!
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    It would be nice if you could report a spammer who's created an account rather than just the spam posts themselves. That way we could report once rather than reported spam after spam.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    They're baaaack...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast