Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal Attempt #2 page 4

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Weight: 126.8 lbs

August 13th: calories and macros not counted; Wendler's Sqts with support; walk
    August 14th: sleep: bad; planned: 1630 cals (150 cals overdraft!); 56 g carbs; 150 g protein/50% fat; walk (30 min) + HIT on the elliptical (35 min total; 26 min intervals on 25/30/35 res; 400 cals)
    August 15th: sleep: good; planned: 1500 cals/60 g carbs/145 g protein/45% fat; walk (1 hr) + Wendler BP lifting
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Why are you eating so little fat?

Sorry, double conversation!
    Last edited by Knifegill; 08-15-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Because I do not get full on fat as much as I do on protein, and on my caloric allocation I would seriously overdraft on calories if I increase fat and still keep protein at ~ 1 to 1.5 g/lb body mass. I have to get protein high to not lose muscle mass on deficit since I am a female and an endomorph. Plus, I like eating actual food, like eggs and meat and veggies, not coconut oil.

Weight: 126.3 lbs

Feeling a bit more like a human rather than a blob of an alien. Clothes started to fit a touch better. But was hungry from the morning till about 2 pm. Came to the gym in a depressed mood, so did some therapeutic Zen rowing for 20 min meditating on the crappy roll on the stomach and how ugly I am when I let myself go like that. Bench went surprisingly strong, and I finally added 5 lbs on my support on the one-handed back row (to 40 #). The KB one handed press was still hard, barely finished it on the left with 25#. Gonna risk it and try a bigger breakfast today, maybe it will magically shut off hunger for a bit. Sigh. Should have never allowed myself to gain the weight, now it's the pay stuff.

Seeing it is a lost cause atm to try to stay under 1500 cals, I planned 1600 cals.

Since nobody is gonna hand me out info on a silver plate, this weekend we start a methodical hiking around Kananaskis trails in search of good mushroom picking places. printed out pics and descriptions of good mushrooms for the hubby.

August 14th: sleep: bad; planned: 1630 cals (150 cals overdraft!); 56 g carbs; 150 g protein/50% fat; walk (30 min) + HIT on the elliptical (35 min total; 26 min intervals on 25/30/35 res; 400 cals)
    August 15th: sleep: good; 1650 cals/42 g carbs/137 g protein/55% fat; walk (45 min)+ 20 min rower + Wendler BP lifting + 15 min stretch
    August 16th: sleep: good; planned: 1570 cals, 47 g carbs/142 g protein/51% fat; sprints + gardening
    Last edited by Leida; 08-16-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Sheesh, I actually, uhm, forgot to add a couple of things yesterday. Ouch on calories with the corrected numbers! Carbs still good though, ouff!

August 15th: sleep: good; 1780 cals/44 g carbs/137 g protein/55% fat; walk (45 min)+ 20 min rower + Wendler BP lifting + 15 min stretch
    August 16th: sleep: good; planned: 1570 cals, 47 g carbs/142 g protein/51% fat; sprints + gardening

Need to restart monthly inches taking

Feb-May Numbers:

neck: 13.5" --> 13.25" --> 13.5"--> 13.5"-->14"
    left bicep: 10.5"--> 10.5"--> 10.5" -->10.5"
    chest: 32" --> 30.5"--> 31"--> 32"--> 32"
    waist: 25.5" --> 25" --> 26"--> 25.5"--> 26"
    hips: 35.25" --> 34.5 --> 34.5"-->35" --> 35"
    thighs: 34.25" 33.5" --> 33.5"-->34"--> 34.5"

Reading the Eating Mindfully, and nope, I can't let go of the dieting, since I clearly perceive the conflict between the natural inclination of a homo sapiens to gain weight as she ages, and targeting a fit body with minimized fat deposit. In the absence of natural restrictions (seasonal famine), artificial restrictions, such as chronic dieting or intervals of fasting is necessary to keep the fat accumulation from becoming cumulative. I don't respond well to fasting at all, so gentle restriction seems the only way to go.

I can’t help but wonder if the statement that a plump body = healthy is a fallacy.

Will the slightly restricted intake with appropriate nutrition to take care of the ‘sugar hungers’ and nutritional deficiencies coupled with a heavy weight training and as much outdoor activities as possible produces a truly healthy, natural body, that is lower in body fat and higher in muscular build-up than is defined by the ‘average healthy’ of 25-30%.

The “Why Women Need Fat” book states that statistically slightly overweight women (i.e. that would be me after pregnancy at 150-160 lbs) are the longest to love + enjoy the highest resistance to the disease (better fighting off infections). However, I wonder if the control groups in this study had a comparison at how nutritiously adequate their diet was, because a lot of normal weight and slightly underweight women has a horrendous diets of gimmicky foods like artificial sweetened jell-o, fruit, Source yogurt and toasts; they also tend to do long duration cardio that is hard on the system, and is a body-destroyer, not a builder.
    Now, if you compared a low body fat/high muscle mass woman who ate offal, meats and vegetables cooked in non-altered fats and worked to build rather than destroy her body with cardio, to a slightly overweight woman with high BF and low muscle mass, who has a typical ‘ups and downs’ diet of absolutely everything, who would you put your money on for being the winner all things considered?

So, the plan is still to continue with higher fat intakes from coconut oil; preference of low reward foods for B & L; 20 min of cardio after each lifting session; 1 sprint a week; emotional and thought analysis every time I experience hunger to see if it builds up or goes away (i.e. was actually a false hunger); more stretching and meditation; looking in a puzzle for my mind (figuring out Tarot Cards if they look interesting).
    Last edited by Leida; 08-29-2012 at 05:49 AM.

I have actually calculated my macros yesterday, so might as well record 'em

August 30th: 1550 cals, 33 g carbs, 75 g protein, 123 g fat; sprints, walking (60 min) and about 1 hr of gardening

It was a lovely day overall, alas, my folks drove in just as I was dozing off, so since my baby came home with them after 3 weeks visiting, I couldn't resist rousing myself up and hugging and socializing. As a result I was back to bed at 10 pm, woke up as usual at 3:30, lingered a while in bed, and (sigh) decided to have a coffee-assisted day today. One cup after not even a walk to the bus to work got me out of dazzled state. Another cup will likely go in before I set out for the gym. BP today, Week 2, pretty cool. Can't summon the excitement though, still groooogy.

If I don't feel energized, I might skip the elliptical today, even if it results in no weight loss this week. I don't think I will lose anyway, my body seems to be taking a break.

Gearing up for no carb-up this Saturday. With a 3 day weekend it is going to be HARD! Salmon out, I guess, but with 4 adults and one very hungry 5 yo, I gotta be doin' more than a salmon!

Thinking of putting those lamb ribs into production, while mom is here. Lamb is SOOOO expensive here.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-30-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Trying to decide if I want to add a HIIT session today. I feel excellent, but I do want a good deadlift tomorrow, and I plan to roller-blade through lunch (and maybe a tiny bit longer; the office is empty & boring). So, go with the flow, I suppose. feel tense with mom visiting. She said she wanted to walk through the garden and ask me some questions, so I am a bit nervous she'd criticize my gardening style and tell me all about how to totally make it her way which is the right way. On the otehr hand, i don't want to be unfair to her, she softened up some in the past few years. But we had so many episodes like that in the past about everything, that my neck tenses up just thinking about that upcoming walk. (Sigh). I am sure it will be fine. She said she wanted some of the Glamini glads I had tried this year, so it is likely more positive than negative.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-31-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    After RB'ing for an hour at lunch, I did not feel like cardio HIIT on Friday. I did 20 min on the rower on Sat, and skipped today, as I am hoping to do yardwork to finish stripping the grass and lay that gravel pad finally. Lifting was great! I am finally doing higher weights on my support than hard-gaining teenage boys. Main lifts, the boys still beat me on the bench at least. Never seen them do squats or deadlifts, lol.

On the good side, mom wanted to learn about composting, oouf. I had awsome time with mom, she even said she likes how I look now far better than when I was finishing my CW. That's from a woman who was on me to lose weight from cradle on. I still would feel more comfortable with less inches from waist down, though, but I am not giving up my shoulders for it!

On the scary side, here is August update on inches. Bigger, bigger and bigger, in all the wrong places. This summer officially sucked. The week sucked too, since I gained half a pound, rolling back to almost 125 lbs (124.8 lbs). Now, I am doing WHole30 for September, so no weighing, no measuring. Keeping fingers crossed that I don't end up a complete whale.

neck: 13.5" --> 13.25" --> 13.5"--> 13.5"-->14"--> 13.5"
    left bicep: 10.5"--> 10.5"--> 10.5" -->10.5"--> 10.5"
    chest: 32" --> 30.5"--> 31"--> 32"--> 32"--> 32.5"
    waist: 25.5" --> 25" --> 26"--> 25.5"--> 26"-->26.5"
    hips: 35.25" --> 34.5 --> 34.5"-->35" --> 35"--> 36"
    thighs: 34.25" 33.5" --> 33.5"-->34"--> 34.5"--> 35"
    Last edited by Leida; 09-02-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast