Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal Attempt #2 page 3

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Preparing to re-start my lifting schedule on the morrow. Good vacations, despite being sick for a while on my stomach & doing nothing but walking fitness wise. An official weigh-in day is tomorrow as usual, of course. I am half-tempted to run sprints today, but the park is all cluttered by some festival or another, so my field is not available I will probably just start lifting tomorrow and cut the grass and all that. Overall, feeling pretty good right now, as the jet lag is going away.

July 27, 2012: Walking & resting, light foods
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Okay, 122 lbs this morning (1 lb up from yesterday), but feeling bloated from a combo of sauerkraut and really greasy roasted veggies with chicen innards in chicken drippings dish. So, to be honest, I think I have maintained.

Back to the gym. Was nervous about going back, so ate a couple of candies we brought back from Russia with my coffee apart from a perfectly primal quark, Greek yogurt and blueberries pre-workout meal. Bad Leida Put on my new Team Russia T-shirt my father gave me, and felt a bit better. Went lifting. It started well enough, but as the weight was growing up on the squat, every muscule started reminding me about every minute of every day I missed training.

Lots of minutes. I rarely feel hams on squat, but I started to get the response at 117 lbs squat, and 132 was near failure, despite trying desperately to activate the glutes to help on the way up at 2nd rep. I tried 132 the second time, and manage another one, but poorly. After that lunges and KBs were hard as hell, I went from 8 to 6 reps but kept the weight at the pre-vacation level. Somehow still managed to put in 3x20 on the Russian Twist with 20# KB, but I don't remember much of that!

Got out of the gym shaking, quad/ham killed.

So, I will have to repeat this week, and if the bench tomorrow goes just as crappy, I will avoid sprints this week.

May be I should have started with German Volume...

July 27, 2012: Walking & resting, too much food
    July 28, 2012: Lifting; sweets in the morning; planning high carb and low fat today

Ouch. So sore, I can barely walk. Shoulders too. Managed to nip the lower back some as well (dart). And eating like an elephant. No reason, emotional, hormonal or otherwise, just enjoying my food far too much. I have not even feel seriously hungry, almost always full. Did not step at the scale this morning, but I was up to 124.5 yesterday, so likely pushing 127 lbs by now....

I chickened out this morning and took car to the bus stop, and planning on swim if I can, and a steam room and hot tuib if I can't this afternoon, while tomorrow it is the Deadlift day. Oi.

I really want to watch Olimpic lifting, but can't find any videos on the net. (Sigh) Gotta call my husband and ask him to take a look for me.

July 28, 2012: Lifting (Wendler SQT + Support); sweets in the morning; planning high carb and low fat today
    July 29, 2012: Wendler (BP + support), light strolling; too much food & sweets

Got my first blood sugar reaction to all the sugar I was loading recently yesterday after having a small gelato with co-workers while walking at lunch. That smarten me up, but I still had some cherries after supper. Otherwise, seem to be going back to clean eating, though still eating too much. Was 125.6 lbs this morning. Figures.

July 28, 2012: Lifting (Wendler SQT + Support); sweets in the morning; planning high carb and low fat today
    July 30, 2012: Food okay, save for small gelato and a dozen cherries; walking ~ 60-70 min
    July 31, 2012: Wendler (DL+Support)

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Very nice job on dialing down on the exercise! It looks a lot less stressful than your UD2 routine, with more of the walking.

Quick question, would you be able to post any good Russian recipes other than the borscht? (thank you for that, by the way!) My boyfriend is Russian and I want to be able to make stuff that is paleo with him.

heya, thank you I won't mind posting Russian Primal/paleo adapted dishes I make. I can open a thread at the recipe forum and whenever I have time I will record the stuff. But, because it is something I make on my own, quantities will be guesstimated. Russian cooking is not that complicated, really, and actually adapts fairly well to paleo-primal, particulary if you use potatoes once in a while. Cabbage, beets, carrots, onion and celery as veggies of choice; all the meats you want; lots of soups and if desired top everything with sour cream, dill and parsley A couple of things can't be replicated, like real pickled herring or unrefined sunflower oil; some things my folks won't eat (kholodetz and jellied fish). I am deviating in using a lot more spices and herbs though, ever since they become available to me. Believe it or not, my fav cuisine is Vietnamese. Lol.

Anyway, I actually had a no junk, no nonsense day yesterday, with the exception of berries I wiped while picking 'em (so i figured I'd also have a berry smoothie as well). But I also picked & froze rhubarb, so no fruit days are about to start! Weight was still up, again, to 126.6 lbs.

Gym was good yesterday, though my lifts are still down, lost 2 reps on deadlift. I am going to do OHP on Thursday, and then on Friday I will do the same (1 major lift + support) but I will stick with 3x5 sets on the major lift, without going to the max weight, building back up on 3x5 till I am back to my maxes. Hopefully, next week I have adapted to lifting again, so I can start adding the sprint in.

July 30, 2012: Food okay, save for small gelato and a dozen cherries; walking ~ 60-70 min
    July 31, 2012: Wendler (DL+Support), walking + picking berries (~ 1.5 hr combined)
    Last edited by Leida; 08-01-2012 at 06:12 AM.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Awww, I'd really love it if you did post a thread! It surprised me how paleo some of the Russian recipes could be. When my boyfriend invited me to his place and he literally took a chunk of lard from the freezer to spread on bread, I was like, DAYMN can I just have the lard? Lol. Too bad rye is not a good grain.

Anyway, I hope you are still following the Calorie thread in the Nutrition forum. I really, really think you need to take a look at the replies to your post >_<

Yeah, I saw it. Anyway, I think I am starting to feel I am almost up to another cycle of UD2.0! But I might be a bit too fatty to start it now. I will see how it goes after our trip to Seattle.

July 31, 2012: Wendler (DL+Support), walking + picking berries (~ 1.5 hr combined)
    August 1st: Recovery (walking ~ 1 hr 30 min?); good eating.

I had an epiphany that I felt really bloated since I started using whey powder, so avoided it last night. Seems to be a bit better this morning. I guess, I found out that whey with art sweeteners is no good for me after all. Oh, well. Good thing there is not much left.

The good news, that I have reached the satiated state and my appetite is pretty low. I ate a bit too much in the evening, the emotional thing (yeah, I know, tired and cranky + irritated with the husband who is staying home right now but will not do things while I am at work taking away my tiny entertainment/relaxation time... I should be better than that!)

Finally made jerky for our trip, it tasted great this morning!

August 1st: Recovery (walking ~ 1 hr 30 min?)
    August 2nd: Wendler (OHP+Support), walking, 60-70 min; good food, but too much

PrimalCon New York
    Back from all the vacations. Back from the 'I'd rather be full & fat' journey.

Since I decided to end the good food eating spree and start calculating calories and stuff again, here we go. That whole "eat when hungry" ain't doing any good for me, unfortunately. I am fat now, and have a diminished supply of clothes. My goal is to hit 120 again by the end of September by doing no more than 1500 cals a day. I do not want to do anything drastic, just nice, even food intake.

No sweeteners or fruit, coffee or dairy or foods with 5+ ingredients on the list in addition to normal Paleo stuff till I am under 120 lbs. No going over 60 g carbs, preferably cut it even lower to see if I can get into the fta-burning mode, finally

Weight today: the horrendous 129 lbs.

August 13th: calories and macros not counted; Wendler's Sqts with support; walk
    August 14th: sleep: bad; planned: 1460 cals; 50 g carbs/130 g protein/50% fat; walk (short) + HIT on the elliptical

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast