Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Journal Attempt #2 page 29

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, the brain is a fragile thing. I know I get into one pissy mood and I want to eat a horse. If only there was a switch you could flip

Leida is offline Senior Member
    ha-ha, there is, lol, but it is hard to reach!

I finally broke down and downloaded BioWARE's SWTOR MMO, and I have to say we all like it. I have never played anything like that. The need for constant attention can be a good thing in the evenings (discourages snacking!). Kindda hoping to play a little with my husband as a team once we get used to the controls.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I can't seem to get back to a good workout regimen. Went to hap-Ki-Do on Sunday (had to leave early, it was a kicking class, so I got woozy after a while), did a short 25 min run on elliptical on Monday, and just walked yesterday + did stretching and a bit of air-kicking. I felt very tired, and a small voice in my head told me that tired+underslept+still hurting foot is a perfect recipe for another injury.

I can't figure out if it is a real healthy caution or bad fear that will eventually drive me into passive inactivity.

So, return to the gym yesterday. I did a lot of sets-reps with low weights on SQTs, BBR and bench. It was an empty bar squat (I was aiming for 10 reps, did 6 sets ranging between 6 and 10 reps), 65 # on both bench and row. Bench was like 5-7 reps, and row was 5x5. 20 min run on elliptical (faster and faster).

I am starting to ponder a 10x10 for a while. A suggested routine is here: Bodybuilding.com - German Volume Training!

Serotonin
    Foods rich in complex carbohydrates such as whole grains, including rice, oats, corn, millet and buckwheat help sustain and boost serotonin levels, and thus a sense of well being and calm and increased concentration, confidence and relaxation.

Other foods that boost serotonin levels include fresh vegetables, especially root crops, squash and fresh fruits. Apples are noted for bringing oxygen to the brain and being rich in complex carbohydrates and B vitamins, critical nutrients for balanced serotonin levels.

Serotonin-boosting snacks include popcorn, tortilla & corn chips, and natural sweeteners like maple syrup, honey and rice syrup. Chocolate beans contain PEA, called the molecule of love. Chocolate stimulates the central nervous system and acts like a natural antidepressant.

Herbs that help boost serotonin levels include oatstraw, which is loaded with B vitamins, and the roots of angelica, burdock, dandelion, ginseng, wild yam and black cohosh. Cannabis, long called the “giver of joy”, significantly raises serotonin levels.

Activities that enhance serotonin levels include gentle yoga or tai chi, walking, stretching, being in nature, sunshine, clear skies, mild wind, prayer and meditation. Rain and dark wintry weather cause a decline in serotonin levels. Talking with a compassionate person or writing to oneself in a journal is very healing and boosts immunity as well as serotonin levels.

Back to hap-ki-do for the first full class. It felt great, though my cardio endurance and strength are crap.
    PT started me on the TRX for the Low Body, I like that. Gotta try to combine tomorrow with Bench/BBR
    Also, will try to start building on the STUPID SPINNING BIKE. It is really easy on the foot, and there gotta be the way to get the HR up on it for sprints.

With HKD: apparently a way to become one of the boys is to break a few bones. Not that they were unfriendly before, but I kindda getting that camaraderie vibe now. Go figure.

Oh, and I am totally addicted to SWTOR. Basically 90%-committed to buying a subscription... holy cow.

I suddenly started to feel very old, and like I would want to abandon it all. Diet, workouts, everything. I dunno, losing my faith I guess.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I suddenly started to feel very old, and like I would want to abandon it all. Diet, workouts, everything. I dunno, losing my faith I guess.
    WTF? You're one of the most bad ass people here. And old? I think you are younger than I am and I refuse to be old so by default you are young. See how well my denial works out for you? Seriously, what's up? Something set this off.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829