Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Journal Attempt #2 page 28

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good to hear the toe is healing up a bit. Good luck staying off the scale!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Nah, peeked, but I am still dropping weight. wtf.

I was not feeling great, doctor thinks I overexercised my leg and my balance is off, so dizzy/tired. No breakages of W30 rules for me per se, but very scattered eating, nuts, fruit. Even had a couple of eggs, and the wrist immediately responded to it (so, yeah, I am still sensitive to eggs). Finally yesterday afternoon, I fried a bunch of liver, will be trying to eat a bit more food food. And not going to the gym this week. At least I have enough strength in the ankle to do gentle yoga, but yikes, sooo tight!

Also took my baby to the pool on Sat, we had a good time, but still can't swim properly.

I am getting tired of not being able to do thing properly. Apart from the gaming. I am discovering the rare pleasure of playing with my wee one. She calls the ship Ebon Talk, that's a good one for a 7 yo, lol.

Interestingly, I accidentally made the game very focused on Atton this weekend. I didn't know where the PC was (duh), so Atton and Bao Dur cleared out the GOTO yacht by themselves, and then I sent Atton on the Dxun mission with the other two boys as a back up. It worked great with his back-story, but disappointingly no in-game acknowledgments of the trust/issues etc. Sith dialogue with him was to the point, again, fit well, but could have been a bit more character-specific, gods see the Jedi I meet are not shy about the walls of dialogue. Could have wasted a few lines on the NPCs enrichment. PC responses badly need a bit of humor as well, let alone romance. Atton jokingly asks my PC about the vacation on Onderon (while he was at Dxun), and all I could do is humorously report on the political situation....

The Disciple's Kreia sequence is second to none. I assume that Handmaiden gets that same dialogues in a male run? It is very good. Kreia better not be Revan, darn it, I'll be very annoyed.

After Atton poured his little heart out to Mira he's just met (incidentally, I really doubt Mira can knock out a man even when he is distracted, my advice to her would be hit in the nuts, not go for the chin with the right hook), I got seriously concerned with Obsidian's fixation on presenting FPC Romantic Interest as having personal hygiene issues. It works with Bishop's backstory, I grant you that, a homeless orphan who survived in the wilderness, but what's with Atton? Clinical depression signs? But if it was a conscious strategy to make a player to feel for the guy, because everybody and their dog keeps picking on him, well, it's working. I am missing the: "Listen up. Today, no-one calls Atton a fool. Or an idiot. Okay?"
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Well, you definitely take your gaming backstory far more seriously than I do. My wife is the same, where as I am much more a "do I get to shoot someone in the face now?" kind of gamer. Keeps things interesting though I bet. As a dude, hitting people in the nuts is not something I can support - a very evil thought indeed, even if effective.

As for doing things properly, give yourself time to heal. Don't push it and hurt yourself further. Of course, you know that already. Not that I expect you to like it, but eh, life is full of unpleasantness - go shoot a video game person in the face
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Heh, yeah, I enjoy the story-telling aspects of the game, along with the general kick-assedness. That's why I am such a Bioware fan girl (and have that love-hate thing with Obsidian). My hubby is a strategist and a treasure hunter. Dunno what our kiddo is going to turn into. Right now she gets bored by the walls of dialogue when i have to make sure I got everything out of the characters.

Happy today. No particular reason. Gonna try elliptical and KB while baby's climbing. Started back on the dojon breathing and stretching yesterday, and actually while showing my baby how to correct her double block found out that I can start practicing the kicks again. Well, maybe. Dojon for now. Hilariously, now that I couldn't go and test, I actually want to earn the yellow belt. Ha-ha.

I think the game is winding down!

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I think the game is winding down!
    sounds like it is time for a new one...

Yay, we did it! Whatta ride! My kiddo wanted to send two Howlers to Obsidian - for not making KOTOR 3 (had to explain wasn't their fault) and if Pure Pazaak died (really liked Atton). So, yeah, the stakes were high in his battle against Darth Sion.

Started KOTOR I yesterday, too bad my old XP can't run it on high res, kept crashing. I am reminded again why I am a rabid fan of BioWARE's. Tight, slick, professional. After all this years. My daughter saw the heroic soldier of the Old Republic, Carth:

"Oh, new cute!"

So, we played the 'first dungeon', stopped for the night, asking her: "So, is Carth better than Atton?"

"Nooo. He doesn't tell jokes and all he cares about is that Baaastilla."

Here, in the nutshell, the womanhood's wishlist: handsome, has a sense of humor, and is seriously into me. Seven-frigging years old. Or am I projecting?

Went for my first swim since the great breakage, managed maybe 10-12 min before the discomfort became pain. Gonna try the empty bar/machines today while my kiddo is in her hap-ki-do class. Still undecided about this Sunday for HKD, really tempted, but concerned that the foot won't take it

Ooh, Mark's comment today cut to the quick!

'Tis true. Whatever I do on land, I am clumsy, pathetic and weak. But when I swim, I feel graceful, lean, strong and confident. Even if I am nowhere near any kind of competition level.

But, funnily enough, it is FAR easier for me to go do land stuff, as it has less of prep requirements. You do not need to dress down, make that jump into the cold water and share equipment.

Funny, huh?

Now I keep looking at that Enduroswim class I kept looking at for 2 years and like, should I? Shouldn't I? It supposed to build up to 1.5 hrs of swimming for triathlon (not that I need triathlon).

If you like swimming then why not? I'm assuming this would be in the place of another intensive exercise activity not in addition to, correct?

Yep. But i decided to try to do 3 days of shorter swims instead. Will see how it goes.

Wow, eating is all in the head. I was feeling so well, then noticed that I deleted 3 pages of hobby writing, and just 'had' to eat. Oh, well, that was 19 hours in, so no biggie, really. But still. Peace of mind is so fragile.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast