Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal Attempt #2 page 24

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks, folks. I managed my way out of the sulk over the corporate BS and actually feel ashamed that it got to me. Cleaned my closet from the too small pants, and actually found that I have a few pairs that still fit Okayish. So, no shopping for now, but I got a cute top to go with my dark red ones while picking the last stocking-stuffer for my baby. Just need to sew the button back on, popped it yesterday, oh the big and beautiful me!

I really wish I could take just an inch or two off, that would make my bigger clothes to fit. And bras will stop being an embarrassment. But, alas, I am still in a bad way weight-wise (136.6 this morning). I am toying with counting calories again. Calculated ~ 1300 day today.

Yesterday: did not manage to fit in weights, had to cook supper, just did the 30 min cross-trainer experience and had fun swimming with my kiddo after her class and correcting her breaststroke. She managed 150 m on the lanes (her current class distance swim requirement), but once she gets the technique improved, I think we can safely swim longer. Right now she pauses with the arms under her, and goes for the next stroke as soon as possible. But she is starting to get it that she has to get the sliding phase with the whole body extended and do not start a stroke before the slide is finished. That way she won't be so winded and can swim a better distance. Obviously, when it comes to playing and diving, we have no limitations, oh, noes.

Unfortunately, after putting on a perfect day overall, I came home after the pool (and after 7 pm) hungry and f'd up by eating. 4 meals a day, from 6 am to 9 pm eating window, OMG, call the Food Police!
    Last edited by Leida; 11-29-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

canio6 Guest
    1300 calories included the fourth meal? Even without I doubt you hit 2000 calories. I know you are hard on yourself but even Ghandi had a bad day every once in a while. Given the stress you've been under lately I think you can forgive yourself a little and the food police will let you off with a warning

Nah, 4th meal was yesterday, so far I am on track today to meet the 1300 unless I go and eat too much in the evening. It probably ended about 2,000 yesterday, which is a high surplus for me now that I am mostly sedentary.

BTW, I've finally found a really good counting site: Calorie Counter. It allows calculating and recording recipes, and is fast, and has a great database. I might switch from the FitDay. It is CW-healthy in its food grading and goals, but I like it otherwise.
    Last edited by Leida; 11-29-2013 at 01:47 PM.

canio6 Guest
    Glad to hear you found a food tracker you like. I quit on fitday as I got tired of trying to find common foods after they were burried way down the list of prepared foods. For example - search for green pepper and get pepper, stuffed; pepper fried with eggplant, pepper with chicken stock <insert 30 more things>; pepper, green raw. Really? Heaven forbid you just list the actual, unadulterated food first. *sighs*

(okay, that might have been a bit of an exageration, but really, who has time for that?)

I will check out Calorie Counter though. Thanks for the tip.

Yes, I have noticed the same thing with FitDay. Simple foods are harder to find there.

Anyway, still a bit flagging after feeling sick, getting easier winded during the workouts. Lifted weights on Saturday (nothing to write home about) and went for 30 min elliptical & had a bit of fun dancing with my kiddo during a Zumba demo at a fare in our rec centre. Master is back at hapkido class, and the whole class on Sun was boxing session. By the end I could hardly keep my hands up! Went for a bit of a walk, as it was the very last warm day.

This morning we woke to the predicted blizzard. I attempted to drive to work, and gave up! Working from home today. Did traditional Canadian passtime of snow shovelling a couple of times, and walked baby to school (hubby got my SUV) against the wind and snow... she had to walk behind me holding by the backpack it was so bad! Did 30 min to fitness kickboxing (I know, I know, my class of martial guys would have died laughing but you know, I actually can do the punch-hook-duck-upper cut combo at speed now, lol!) and practiced my danjun breathing and simple stuff (still not sure about spear and inside cresent) Tried rolling at home. Good news, I don't hurt shoulder any more on the carpet, but there is no room in the room to do it properly. Maybe snow will calm down by tomorrow and it will be safe to drive to the rec centre.

Anyway, gotta get back to work before shovelling again....

Yeah, almost an hour of shoveling on the second go round. It drifted to about half-a foot and compounded. This morning, it was very cold, but stopped snowing. Winds still very strong, so the drifts and the road cleaning piles at the side are a good three-four feet tall in places. The first bus never showed up, so took me over hour and a half to get to the office.... started to get cold feet even in my dawn parka, snow pants and boots all rated for like -50 C. Can't wait till it warms up... but not for a while now. We are going to be sitting in -20...

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Yeah, almost an hour of shoveling on the second go round. It drifted to about half-a foot and compounded. This morning, it was very cold, but stopped snowing. Winds still very strong, so the drifts and the road cleaning piles at the side are a good three-four feet tall in places. The first bus never showed up, so took me over hour and a half to get to the office.... started to get cold feet even in my dawn parka, snow pants and boots all rated for like -50 C. Can't wait till it warms up... but not for a while now. We are going to be sitting in -20...
    Good lord above in heaven. I can't even imagine. Get your butt on a plane and come hang out with us down south.

Ha-ha, I wish! Yesterday I said that my aunt had it right about moving to Australia. My baby girl got all scared, lol. She can't stand an idea of change right now, so can't mention things like moving even as a joke.

Really looking forward to vacations for the Spring Break, I am telling you!

Anyway, gonna go for a typical Calgary winter walk... on +15 levels (our downtown is connected by the covered passages network). Wanna make it to the downtown indoor gardens Hopefully can make it to the pool too before it closes! I feel like steam-room and hot tub!!!

canio6 Guest
    Good luck and have fun

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks! It worked out pretty cool actually. It is nice to see all those palms and green walls and all that when the windows outside are blocked by the huge chunks of snow! The only thing I HATED was that they actually painted hens and chicks in sparkly silver and reds! That's no way to treat living plants!!! Plants do not glitter!

I spend about 40 min or so in the hot tub and the steam room relaxing after work and before PT session. Also managed to squeeze in a short breathing exercises session. Worked on 2 supersets with the PT and she is starting me slowly on the plyometrics, which is great, working on my fear of jumping.

Today I plan to swim & do elliptical and some rolling, breathing, kicking practice. Gods help me, as always.

I am also hoping I can take the car out of the garage tomorrow, as the snow got packed yesterday so it can be possible to get through with a car... I am taking a day off, so I would LOVE to run errands and spend quality time in the gym. Skiing is out of the question though. It's -20 for a high tomorrow and -24 on Friday. Yakes!

Read up a bit on the history of Korean flags and the national flags for my essay for the test. Still waiting on the book on the history of Korea to get a better grip on the Three Kingdoms to see if the Korean feudalism was more akin to Chinese or Japanese in its treatment of personal hereditary symbolism etc.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast