Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal Attempt #2 page 22

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm still following along, waiting for the weight loss I think it's happening - you seem to be consistently lower over time? I've noticed that my weight does that "bounce-back-up", but the "bounce-back-down" keeps getting lower. At this stage I should be at goal weight by June 2015
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately, I have regained again, back to 136 lbs mark, from 133.6 lbs on Sat morning. I did not eat clean (had a few candies by an unknown reason) and also indulged in fruit.

Back to the attempted VLC with a fast - bought organic cream, want to see if that will hold me better than cheese.

In good news - I am completely joint pain free! Didn't touch eggs at all in the past couple of weeks, and lifted only 2x a week.

My hapkido test is 21st of December. I am gonna try to go through breathing exercises and movements every day, and hopefully copy the kicks part of the list next Sunday. I am both annoyed and excited about the test. I would not have chosen to take one, but of course the student in me needs to practice. Which is not a bad thing, I suppose.

Did rolls while my child was bouldering on the wall yesterday. Then belayed her for a while, and we did a bunch of swimming diving and playing in the pool for an hour or so. On Sunday went skating for the first time this winter (indoors though), had a blast. She's much better and not rolling her ankle. Had to buy her new skates though. Managed to grow a couple of sizes over the winter, lol. Luckily we had an extra pair of skates with us, a coworker gave me. It was like 3 sizes too big, but she had a wide foot so actually assured me she felt very comfortable. And the new pair we bought was 2 sizes too big, so yeah... fingers crossed we can go skating together once in a while including the outdoors!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Then, again, weighed in at 133.3 lbs this morning. Also benched 95# FINALLY!!!! I feel sooo good. Maybe elimination of eggs and the focus on dairy, red meat and fermented/cooked vegetables is what works? I haven't experienced a crazy hunger in a few weeks & I had not experienced any joint pain whatsoever. Well time will tells. For today, I am happy, happy, happy!

Appart from lifting did rolling today. Yesterday I did 40 min on elliptical and some hanging training (toes pull-ups and leg lifts/turns) plus a 6x15 of a 50% ham curls. Weird workout, but I had an hour in the gym while baby was at her climbing class at a relatively busy time, so KB area was crowded and not much access to anything.
    Last edited by Leida; 11-13-2013 at 08:09 AM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    WHoop!!! It's happening girl
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Heya! Glad to be home yesterday night after a rather stressful field-trip. So stressful in fact that I lost a night of sleep and get that "lovely" female-specific reaction to it. So, only a short walk yesterday and a long hot tub relaxation after I finally got rid of the rental truck and picked my baby up and took her to her swimming class.

Today I did an hour of basic yoga (3 of Rodney Yee's basic morning workouts) and a short walk to take my baby to school. Worked standing and pacing for a couple of hours (will do a bit more of that in the afternoon). Other than that, just gotta do a blood donation tonight. Fingers crossed it doesn't completely floor me for the weekend. I would love to do a good lifting session tomorrow. But last time I was very tired after the donation and my iron dropped enough for the blood test the next week to pick it up. Well, they test iron before the donation, so that should give me an indication if the level was restored.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Damn, that rodney yee workout is no pushover. Very nice I like how you incorporate your kid in many of your activities. Fun times with the mom. Keep it up!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

heya (wave). Unfortunately, my iron was too low to donate. Part of me wants to call my doc up to see if she puts me back up on iron pills, but the other half of me wants to wait till the next blood donation cycle in January and see if the iron level increases enough to donate. Then I will know how many times a year it is safe for me to donate blood. If the level is back to normal by January, it's 3 times. If not, I should only do it twice or less, I suppose.

Anyhow. Cold here, down to -20'ies. But we had a great weekend overall. Did a couple bouts of snow-shoveling & went sleighing for about half an hour (until I got frozen feet!) When we cam back home, apparently it was -20... lol. Other than that, did a good lifting session, push-pressed 73 lbs, getting closer to my former max. But Could not DL 190 lbs.

In the end, I was completely taken off balance by a guy asking me to teach him cleans, because he thought I had a perfect form. ??? I didn't think so - I actually thought 65# was too heavy for me, so I was musculing it up too much. But, anyway, I tried to get him through what my PT was trying to get into me. Oh, well.

I also have a full list of what to practice for hapkido test (ouch) & the class was pretty intense with trying to keep up and remember. I still don't remember how we are supposed to do the breathing, the u-tube has a bit different technique. And, I need to learn now Korean count to ten. And, great, apparently, there is a Korean and Sino-Korean.

Kept on yoga every morning, go me! I really want to get back to the habit of 20 min with RY every morning - it is really good for a stiff. And, boy, am I stiff.

One of those weird roll-ups of weight this morning, back to 135.8. I did a brisk walk for about an hour in bitter cold, did yoga and a bit of hapkido practice. An SM day, but still, I think the weight is either cumulative or is it sauerkraut? Oh, well. Kindda annoying after staying under 134 for a few days. But! Taking a dya off today, meeting a new PT - not sure what she can do for me, and took a pic of my AWESOME ziggo cacti:
    IMG_4141 (Small).jpg

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, nice picture. You seem to have far better luck getting them to bloom than I do. Brava, good lady.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I think it's all about exposure. They love this window

Anyway, the cardinal sin of eating fruit... or whatever. 136.8 lbs this morning, back to where I started on Oct 18th.
    The new PT is Okay, she wants to work HIT. Like that's gonna help. Had 1 hour PT session, spend 30 min on elliptical while my baby was in a class, went to the steam room. Ate well, but, yes, had fruit, and before bed had a tbsp of honey because I have a weird cold. And, yes, 1 lb up.

It's still -20. It took over an hour to get to work, so the only way I can go to the gym today is if I skip going home before the garden club meeting. I can try to do it, but atm I just can't think about it any more, short of berating my stupidity for not persisting when I was ahead.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast