Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal Attempt #2 page 20

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The pics were at 118-122 lbs range. I am just assembling the X-mas calendar and pics of me this year at 129-135 lbs, I can really tell the difference, I do look pudgy. I know there is nothing wrong per se with it, but I just want to look a bit better, and I think I can do it if I focus. I mean, on the up side, having a year off dieting should have reset the metabolic rate, leptin and all that. We'll see.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I thought you had posted a more recent pic in one of the threads though I could be smoking crack. Either way, you are the one you ultimately have to please, and I wish you the best of luck at it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hey lovely, I'm sorry you're in a dark place The only suggestion I have would be not to go low carb again... I returned to it in a fit of desperation last summer and promptly reached my highest ever weight.

I think it's good that you're cutting back on the exercise, and I bet you'll start to see surprising improvements. I dont excerise half as much as I used to, and it's only effecting my body comp positively.

Good luck <3
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

heya, I posted a pic a couple of days ago with gym outfit, but it obviously obscures all the rolls and mushy-yucky bits. In practical terms, there is nothing worse than a size 8-10 woman trying to wear a size 4-6 woman's wardrobe, so I really want to be comfortable again.

I am not going back to ketonic exercise, that's for sure. Just reasonable carbs... and back to coffee drinking this morning. Boy, am I wired!

135 lbs this morning. Yesterday I starting walking off the plan by lunch, and too lazy to recalculate it in the FitDay. So, will skip a couple days of counting cals (today we have a business lunch, so I am not going crazy trying to figure out other people's food.)

Boring dieting stuff aside, I finally started working on the projects that are overdue. Like calendar for X-mas, and the vacations planning. Still can't catch a good combo of flights and either cruise or all-inclusive for X-mas, but build a spreadsheet for British trip this summer after trying to make sense of National Express and Rail in Britain. Obviously without dates I can only draft, but hopefully it will come. I think we can do it with 8 day flexi-rail and just paying as we go for the buses.
    Last edited by Leida; 10-21-2013 at 09:31 AM.

134.5 lbs this morning. I am on the downward swing, but I will not call it a weight loss until I go a few pounds below the current 'lower limit' of 133 lbs. Basically, I feel that the strategy of seeing 130 on the scale before having a fruit day is a good one. Adding coffee back was probably a mistake, as I had a horrible sleep last night. But, oh, well, just had a cup, back on caffeine.

I forgot about the work lunch yesterday (which was one of the fine high-pomp luncheons, so it was all fresh vegetables, roast beef and salmon, no trouble staying the course) so I have missed the lunch walk, and since the day was gorgeous finally mowed and edged my yard (which takes about an hour) while planning an attack on the shady side of the house. It is a long rather steep slope, and I decided it's time I finally turn it into the foresty walk with hostas, ferns and sediums and a few patches of lettuce and maybe a few lilies/toad lilies where sun does manage to shine. I'd spread a lot of mulch (will get 2 or 3 cubes of it next spring) and it will be soft, green and nice (in theory). The neighbor has her side covered with artificial cover, so it is a prime location to eliminate the useless grass. Hubby lifted brows at the idea, but I promised him no watering and he was not very much against it - his first reaction was 'I will cut the grass there', but I just laughed.

Anyway, after mowing we went for a short walk to vote and pick our kiddo up (it's about 20-25 min both ways).

The weather is absolutely wonderful, we are getting a compensation for our June flood. I decided to take Thursday off to go shopping, do more yard winter prep (cut down the plants, prune, plant peas under 'frame' and hopefully pull grass (my bane) that starts overgrowing into the beds). Plus, exterminators are coming in the afternoon, they think it's not a mole, it's some sort of a gopher. Whatever it is, I want it dead before it decimates the rest of the beds!

Anyway, a short KB swings workout today (while kiddo is doing her swimming class), and may the downward trend continue.

134.7 lbs this morning.

Just couldn't let go off the roast turkey legs too late in the evening... one of those things that happened when planning goes haywire. See, I was a good girl, ate while I was prepping meatzza for my folks supper, between 3:45 and 4:45 pm, then grabbed my kiddo and took her to the pool, and she gets an upset tummy (euphemism) by the end of the class... so I grab her run home. Obviously, meatzza is out of the question (it's her favorite food, will be insensitive for my hubby to eat it in front of her when she can't), so I start cooking rice for the kiddo and roasting turkey legs for the kiddo. Anyway, supper was late since I had to cook the turkey instead of all prepped meatzza, kiddo was very upset since she could not have the treats I brought from work (we had the weekly charity bake sale) so yeah... while I was cutting up the leftover meat, I indulged, and that was at 8 pm.

Also, did not do KBs. When I got home I had a message from the doc's office that she wants to talk about my hemoglobin. I did not catch her in time, but 10 to 1 I have low iron. Which explains why I am so endlessly tired lately. I took it easy and soaked in the hot tub and steam room while my kiddo was in the class. Planning to go for a lazy swim today and thawing a pound of liver. Once the doc confirms, will get the heavy duty iron again, and will probably cut back on the lifting to 2x a week or even less.

This is the year of completely weird things for me: the skin irritation because of dry year in the middle of the worst rainfall/flood of the century and iron deficiency after years of a heavily meat-based diet with impeccable supplementation.

Oh, crap. Hubby just called. He forgot to put a jacket on our kiddo, so when he went back home, he smashed mirror right off the car. He sounded so upset, and I could not calm him down. I am now so worried about him getting to work safely. (Sigh) Life's crazy things.

Yikes. That is not a good way to start the day. Hopefully things get better for him from here.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Thank you! Well, at least he got to work Okay. Hopefully we can come up with some sort of a plan, i am thinking of maybe shifting my work schedule to ~8 am to 4:30 pm so I can drop our child off at school & reduce the morning burden for him. Then I can do short workouts from 5:30 am till about 6-6:10 am and come home by 6:30 am to get our kiddo going. I might even be able to pick her up... gotta check the bus schedule.

Good luck! I'm not sure how you do all that you do on top of working. Glad to hear your husband got to work safely.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast