Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal Attempt #2 page 19

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yeah, absolutely nothing worng with me. I am a very healthy lady at a very healthy BMI with strong abdominal muscles. But, she did throw in the C-reactive protein on the blood analysis as I managed to put in a joint pain complaint during my entire 5 minute exam. Other than that, it's the usual TSH, non-fasting glucose and all the normal totals. The gain of 13 lbs in 15 months is no concern. Ah, well. As expected. Nothing yesterday. Walking/standing work mostly. Weight is 133.9 this morning, basically I am closing to the bottom of my 133-137 lbs monthly cycle I guess.

I truly feel better, apart from being lazy and tired. But my sleep increased to almost 8 hours.
    Last edited by Leida; 10-11-2013 at 06:19 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Yay that is great to hear that you're getting enough sleep. I think it's the first step before your weight can come down naturally. Funny you mention the headaches because I get them too when stressed. Good to hear you're on track

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Thank you.

Gotta catch up for the long weekend. On Friday I did KBs (lunging sequence) for about 40 min, and iirc did a 20 min run on elliptical; on Saturday I did UB lifts with Barbell, and some KBs + we went for a walk with some sprinting (playing tag). On Sunday I did hapkido class and walk, on Monday - swimming with my kid (I tried 4 or 5 'sprints' with butterfly) + some SM in the amusement park.

It was nice to try butterfly again, and, yeah, I guess all that core strength is helping since I can sustain 25 m relatively easy. I couldn't leave my kiddo alone in the pool for longer than either half-length in the deep corner of the pool or one 25 m swim. But if I manage to get a miraculously empty lane to myself I want to see if I can sustain butterfly for 50 m in a row.

The bad news are that my cardio-vascular is gone to shit lately. I need to start running to restore it (AND lose those 10-15 lbs for gods' sake)!

Yesterday, I had a nice walk at lunch (full hour) and about 30 min of KB swings with rope and overhead broomstick squats.

Still can;t get a response from my PT. Probably will start writing to the coordinator to switch the PT. Too bad he is so hard to get in touch with, he is very good otherwise.

Weight was 135.9 this morning, expected after the long weekend, even if I tried to go light yesterday. Wish I had it in me to do a full fast, but I closed that book long ago.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Wish I had it in me to do a full fast, but I closed that book long ago.
    Well, honestly, you impress the hell out of me. Seriously, you work harder on your health in a day than many (most) people do in a year. I know you're not quite getting the results you want, but damn, you are inspiring. Best of luck Leida.

Thank you for dropping by I dunno, it feel wrong somehow to be complimented on what you enjoy doing! I feel I am in a great place with health atm, it's aesthetics that bothers me. Pretty much everyone says I just want too much. Oh, well.

canio6 Guest
    Thank you for dropping by I dunno, it feel wrong somehow to be complimented on what you enjoy doing! I feel I am in a great place with health atm, it's aesthetics that bothers me. Pretty much everyone says I just want too much. Oh, well.
    Sure, people might think that but you are the one who decides what is right for you. As long as you are not damaging your health to reach some impossible goal, then eh, keep rocking it. Life is a journey. You don't throw in the towel because other people say you want too much.

(not that I am suggesting you would)

Aww, thanks again

Anyway, I finally got the message that aikido is just not gonna happen in my life. 7 to 9 pm is simply too late for me to do anything but get to bed. But I ended up with soul-warming walk with my kiddo from school which was great with all the leaves we have now on the ground and automnal perfect freshness in the air (and a bit of monkey bars and a bit of tag). So proud of my wee one on the monkey bars, she is swinging and leaping like a pro.

To counter the aikido blues, I thought up a great place to practice my rolling and tested it today after Zumba. When the climbing wall is closed, all that awsome space with nice special cushy area underneath - it's actually better than the matting we put on for practice. Love it (and at least I have hapkiod still)! And, yes, I went to Zumba since I am working from home and could make the 11-12 pm class. It was great. And, yeah, I know folks sneer at Zumba, but I always keep it high impact by going non-stop and the new instructor, she was super upbeat so, yay!

Still get a treat of walking from school with the kiddo. And walked her to school too, aww, lucky folks who can do that every day!

Either lunging sequence or swim tomorrow (or both; depending on the time).
    Last edited by Leida; 10-17-2013 at 02:54 PM.

In a dark place this morning. 136.7 from 135.3 yesterday. I am afraid I can't sustain working from home. Had some honey, chocolate almonds and, yes, 4 apples in addition to 3 meals (quark+yogurt, pork meat from broth, a smoothie and leftover eggplant-pepper lecho).

Trying to atone with a cup of dandelion tea this morning.

I don't care what's normal. I look pudgy and horrible.

Back to low carb/CKD again? Came to the office today with 2 c of broth, a can of sardines and a 2 lbs bag of broccoli slaw. You would have expected that after a 1.5 lbs jump in weight iw on't be hungry, but noes, it's only 7 am, and I am starving, and only after 3 hours after getting up.

Anyway, the hunger subsided. Counted calories since Friday & got back to 135.3 this morning. But I am tired of my weight bouncing back up instead of going down, so I decided that I am going to implement a simple fruit system. I will not eat fruit until I reach 130 lbs, then I have 1 day of fruit-eating. Rinse and repeat with 125 and 120 lbs. Then I can eat fruit on any day that I weigh in at <120 lbs. As I am counting calories, my goal is to stay in 50-90 g carb range, increasing carbs when I notice sleep problems. I know that food rewards are not great for mindful eating, but I think my goals require to go beyond mindful, so I need incentives.

Fitness wise, I did KB (30 min) and elliptical run (25 min) and some walking (~ 50 min?) on Friday
    on Saturday, I was truly bone tired, even though I slept like a brick for 7 hours straight, so I scaled it down to ~ 45 min of barbell UB (BP and OHP) and a couple of drills of abdominal KBs. Then we spend about an hour diving and playing in the pool with my kiddo. About an hour of light gardening, so an SM day all and all.

Today I am thinking hapkido with a steam room, and mowing (last one this year!)

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't care what's normal. I look pudgy and horrible.
    Leida, I know it is your body and you are the one who has to be comfortable in it, but I wish you would stop saying things like this. I've seen pictures of you, you look great. That is not to say that we can't all 'look better' and 'feel better' etc but I do sometimes wonder if stressing over a small weight fluctuation is doing you more harm than good.

Take a breath, smile, and have a sip of tea. One pound does not a crisis make.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast