Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal Attempt #2 page 16

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Day 1 of attempting FAST Metabolism Diet. Weight: 137.2 lbs (OUCH!). Using dairy this week. If no weight loss occurs, will drop dairy.

20 Aug, 2013 (Ph1): Planned: 1350 cal, F: 16 g (10%), 217/40 g C/Fi (60%); 97 g P (30%); Swim 28 min SS Fr. Cr. + 7 sprints; Walking ~(1.5 hrs?) B: ~ 5 am, S1: 8 am, L: 11 am; S2: 2 pm; D: 6 pm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Weight: 137.4 lbs (still Ouch!) . Ate more fruit than planned (yesterday) - of course. Felt hypoglycemic mid-morning. Trying to cut back on grains today and eating sweet potato instead. Next week, it's gonna be beans instead of grains. Grains once every week or two or three is Okay, but with every meal... not so much. Actually looking forward to Ph2.

20 Aug, 2013 (Ph1): Actual: 1560 cal, F: 22 g (12%), 256/40 g C/Fi (61%); 100 g P (25%); Swim 28 min SS Fr. Cr. + 7 sprints; Walking ~(1.5 hrs) B: ~ 5 am, S1: 8 am, L: 11 am; S2: 5 pm; D: 6 pm
    21 Aug, 2012 (Ph2): Planned: 1310 cals, F:11g (9%), 203/43 g C/Fi (60%); 103 g P (32%); Aikido, Walking (~ 1.5 hrs)
    Last edited by Leida; 08-21-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Weight: 135.2 lbs (repeating the pattern). Very tired yesterday during Aikido, but not really hungry all day, though calories super-close to what was planned. Starting Ph 2 today, with some relief, actually. Grains and starches 3x a day were not exactly easy. I was bloated and constipated. Hopefully, my digestion feels better on Ph2-3! My big nutritional unknown today is home-cured salmon (just salt). I have no idea how to count it, but I will go with smoked fish.

After a lot of tinkering, I can barely bump up my food intake (planned) to 1100 cals. Given the intake that low, I am not f'ing adding any cardio apart from walking to my lifting. Fingers crossed!

20 Aug, 2013 (Ph1): Actual: 1560 cal, F: 22 g (12%), 256/40 g C/Fi (61%); 100 g P (25%); Swim 28 min SS Fr. Cr. + 7 sprints; Walking ~(1.5 hrs) B: ~ 5 am, S1: 8 am, L: 11 am; S2: 5 pm; D: 6 pm
    21 Aug, 2013 (Ph1): Actual: 1350 cals, F:15 g (10%), 204/43 g C/Fi (60%); 101 g P (30%); Aikido, Walking (~ 1.5 hrs)
    22 Aug, 2013 (Ph2): Planned: 1115 cals, 30 g (25%) F; 33/12 C/Fi (10%); 175 g P (65%); Lifting, Walking (~ 1 hr)

Lifting was very, very hard yesterday. Also, managed to eat something that upset my digestion (raw onion?) and had been horribly bloated in the evening. Having salty salmon 2x a day as a snack was not ideal either = very thirsty.

I am cooking liver today, for lunch and supper.

21 Aug, 2013 (Ph1): Actual: 1350 cals, F:15 g (10%), 204/43 g C/Fi (60%); 101 g P (30%); Aikido, Walking (~ 1.5 hrs)
    22 Aug, 2013 (Ph2): Actual: 1390 cals, 42 g (27%) F; 41/12 C/Fi (11%); 211 g P (62%); Lifting, Walking (~ 1 hr)
    23 Aug, 2013 (ph2): Planned: 1170 cals; 35 g (27%) F; 40/7 C/Fi (13%); 174 g P (61%); Hike

(Sigh) My aikido finished at 9 pm rather than 8:30 pm, then I had to pick something in the store at hubby’s request (a bit annoying since if he had mentioned it before I was heading out, I could have done it before the class!), my kiddo was still up when I got home, so I read her to sleep… anyway, did not go to bed till about 10 pm, drag myself out of bed first time at about 4 am, to turn off the slow-cooker, then by 4:40 to get on with the family’s breakfasts and lunches. Even with cold shower, I still wish I could have a cup of coffee. Really worried about lifting this afternoon after work (trying not to worry about work!).

In the end I broke down. I am drinking Jack3D right now, going to lift.

So far this week, my weight loss was steady, this morning returning to Saturday weight of 134 lbs. With 2 days of low carb today and tomorrow, fingers crossed that I get to 133 this Sat, and then it's scary, because that's my 'roll up' number in the past few months, from which i journey back to 137.

Next Tue-Wed carb-up I am doing on dairy and fruit and maybe a bit of sweet potato. No grains, no legumes. The bloating, gas and constipation was YUK! And here I thought i am okay with grains.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hey Leida, wow... it really sounds like you're on a journey with this! I'm a very intermittent reader (sorry) but I do want to offer you encouragement and hope that you'll get there.

I suppose you've journalled your food and noted if there were any triggers that make the scale roll back up? Do you measurements change when this happens?

Hugs
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Hi YB, thank you for stopping by! No real trigger foods, it's more of just eating more and mixing fat with carbs, that seem to be the culprit for me.

Well, with no coffee in the system for a few weeks, Jack3D impact was in-f'ing sane. My heart was racing, I was wired like all 9 hells. I was struggling last week to put in 4x8 of 100 lbs squats, and this time I barely noticed 102 lbs sets. I took 5# increase on leg curl like nothing too, and even stepped up the leg press to 210 lbs for 12 reps on the last set. The only thing that phased me were the lunges, I had to switch down from 35# dbs to 30#. Even after 4 sets of jerks (warped to 10 reps after the first set of 8) I had to go and do 20 min on elliptical to get the pump out of the system.

Then I still had energy to shop for some yarn since I decided to undertake a Gryffindor scarf for my baby's Halloween costume (gotta start that early!) Still remember how to knit, lol. Had some unpleasant parenting situation yesterday night though - baby brought back a couple of coins back from daycare, said another girl gave it to her for being nice. Had a serious talk about not ever, EVER talking other kids's things and will make sure she returns the coins with apologies.

133.6 lbs this morning @ ~ 4:30 am, so 0.5 lbs is hopefully doable today for a 1 lbs loss this week (strictly speaking I need to hit 133.1 for exactly 1 lbs).

Hoping to get in some decent benching today!

This morning's discussion with self:
    "What shall we do today, ub or lb?"
    "Well, I sure don't want to do ub."

Sore after a couple of not quite successful side rolls in aikido and a bit from KB/hip/shoulder mobility from Tue. Just in case took Jack3D dose to work today.

Also starting on the last pack of gum, so after that I will go artificial sweeteners clean again.

LB was actually decent, though my ham curls were weaker. Squat and DL were good. Gonna do a relaxed swim today, and UB tomorrow.

I am still a bit rattled, since I unfortunately got my wake-up call yesterday. Mom's been unwell for a day last week, and went for her bloodwork. Well, guess what, her doctor could not believe it, because she'd lost so much weight, but her glucose is way up. She told mom to go to low sugar diet for a couple of months, then retest to see if she is diabetic. Seeing my grandfather, her father died of diabetis about that age, the gene has passed on. Mom's on Paleo, and lately she was collecting a lot of ripening fruit, so that caused the sugar increase. And since I had that abnormal sugar test, I think I have my paranoia about sugar/fructose is back with a vengeance... we are probably sugar-sensitive, probably that's what explains my problems with fasting and carb-ups.

So, yeah, I am going back to the Blood Sugar Solution (so is mom), and absolutely cannot eat a lot of fruit. Gonna schedule my physical too (sigh) was hoping to miss it this year. Oh, well.

Missed aikido yesterday. Just felt old, tired and sore. Now I feel unhappy about it. 7 pm classes are so hard for me - no family time and tired. Still tired. KB today while my baby is swimming.

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast