Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal Attempt #2 page 14

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Not the best start for the day in a rush dropped the bus path/tag on the floor of teh truck and had to go home to look for it and catch the second bus instead of the first. Always annoying.

On the fence about my first acupuncture appt yesterday. Dunno, is adrenal fatigue a BS? On the other hand, yep, I need to get of fthe BP as soon as we can. Gotta try the herbs.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Some days I get this really cool strong fullness signal. I love that.
    I seem to be acclimating to the herbal formula a little. It must have a diuretic that made me run for the hills a lot, better now.

Had an absolutely cool workout - two WODs from X-fit site rolled in one. Could not do one yesterday, went to Star Wars Identities in Edmonton. So, I did 5 rounds of 5 DLs (135#, 100 RJs and attempted box overhead squats with 25-30#. Then I tried 1 heavy DL, failed 205 lbs, but lifted 185# and tried an OH squat with the empty bar. Dropped the bar below the head on the way up, lol. A bit of a 'pat on the head'....

Whadda you mean, rest day? Stared at X-Fit page for like a minute before it sunk in. Spring service changes caught me yesterday, I had to wait 20 min for a bus after the course, so did not get home till after 10 pm, got to bed almost at midnight, up at 5 to cook... Completely phazed out. This is good though. pool is closed unfortunately, but i can go see optometrist while my wee one is in her badminton class and with luck get glasses before we go to Disneyland. Fingers crossed!

Even I had to admit I've overdid it today. I was feeling tired when I woke up, my hams and butt sore from yesterdays WOD. I hated that workout too, because it is one of them that make you looks stupid (all kind of walks with weight). Todays made me look stupid too, but only because I am such a wimp. My OHP is so limited, that I had to deadlift with the same weight I can do many rounds of the OHP. So I deadlifted 55#. AND did box jumps on 12" step. But I feel exhausted, plain and simple. I had to have coffee, breaking the rule of no coffee Wednesday through Monday. Argh. I am afraid I won't have the jazz for a workout tomorrow. Want to swim so badly, and need to do a WOD, and wonder if I will be in a shape to do anythinmg but sit in the steam room. Common, body, common, recover, damn you!

Good stuff all around. Trying a new approach to eating/workout timing. Tried it before, but did not stick, this time trying to add Shangri-la to the mix. The idea is to eat big 50 g protein breakfast first thing (4-5 am). Then take oil around 9-10 am, then have carb-protein-fat lunch at 11-12 am, then workout at 3-5 pm and have light supper while cooking around 5-6 pm. Basically very much like Jack Cruise. I keep seeing one of those very slim gals saying how she is always so hungry in the morning, but doesn;t eat much in the afternoon. I am stopping honey to see if skin inflammation go down. If not, will cut out Greek Yogurt as well. For now, just honey.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Leida!!!

Were your ears burning today?

Well, I wasn't talking about you, but I was THINKING HARD about you.

My son and I played hookie today from school (my eldest is at science camp) and
    we went to my mother's house in Monterey (think coastal, ocean.. where John
    Steinbeck lived). We went down to Cannery Row to go in all the little shops so Camden
    could find some magic stuff (he's 8, loves spy stuff and magic stuff) and after the magic
    shop, we tooled around some more when all of a sudden this little tiny Russian shop
    caught my eye because of the NESTING DOLLS that were all displayed in the window.

Good God, I made a bee-line over there like a crazy robot because I hadn't seen those
    since I was a little girl at my grandmother's house. I think I even left my mother and
    son in the dust and they were like "um, where'd she go?"

I wasn't going to buy a set, but then, man I just HAD to... so I did.

Totally cute, real hand made of course and a whopping 28 dollars! The bigger ones were 30, but
    the pattern, er, dunno what you'd call it, but anyway, the face on the medium one was the one I
    wanted, so I got it.

My son looked at me like I was koo-koo for cocoa puffs "mommy, are you buying yourself
    a toy?" Why yes I have, even at the ripe old age of 44.5.

I'm so excited about them it's downright silly.

Fun trivia - my grandmother actually GOT hers from Russia - she used to go there
    quite frequently but would never say WHY. The kicker being, all her visits were during
    the Cold War. Stamped in her passport and everything.

She would NEVER talk about why she was there, so the sorta kinda "joke" was that
    she was a spy.... Joke is in parenthesis because it's not funny, but odd.

Even when she was 96 years old and riddled with Alzeimers.... didn't know who ANYONE
    was or pretty much anything, but when my father asked her about her trips to Russia,
    she replied, incredibly stone faced and angry (and she was never angry), "I will NEVER
    speak of it." And then she'd go back to non-lucidity.

Isn't that just WILD?

None of us have even a SMIDGE of a clue as to why she went there a lot, especially then....

Also, she didn't even have my father until she was 42, and when she started going to Russia
    it was in 1947 -on - so my father would have been 6? Who leaves a 6 year old? Well, he had his
    dad, but yanno....

All righty, well, I thought you might find that interesting, being the only Russian person I really
    "know".

Hope you're doing well!

Julie

Wow, that was worth coming back to my journal just to read your post! Those nesting dolls do travel around the world nowadays... we have hoards after our trip & some more interesting new crafts as well, like birch tree bark salt container (cute). I am glad you enjoyed it and it is a strange thing about your grandma.

Anyway, I want to try to journal again... ha-ha, that's gonna last!

I have a huge energy boost in the past 2 days, and OMG, did I have a blast boxing yesterday (right before buying the dairy, lol!) So, the early summer afternoons in our rec centre are perfect for boxing: the high school crowd is all in the weight room, and there is a lot of strong male staff happy (well, hopefully!) to lift & hook the bag up. Tried my shin pads and wraps for the first time. All fits great, and hurray, no sores on the knuckles.

So far I am eager to try a 6:30 pm hapkido class tonight to see if it is feasible for me to manage evening cardio. It looks like aikido class is going ahead, so I will have to deal with 2 night classes no matter what in August.

LB on Friday, UB - on Sunday

Actually not bad, I had a couple hours at home after work before the class. Even with OD'ing on food a little (hungry bear yesterday) the stomach felt lighter after the warm up, and then I was charged up by the cardio-force till almost the end of the class.

I was very stiff & tired this morning, so I will do the LB after work. Hopefully because of the long weekend the gym won't be too too busy! Have to add 1 set of heavy DLs to this session.

BTW, noticed peroneus (I think) muscle stick out this morning when i was lacing my shoes. Not sure if it is growing a little or pumped or I just have never paid attention before.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-02-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Week 2: 4 lifting sessions, 1 boxing, 1 elliptical hiit, 1 outdoor run+ swim (30 +15 min) and a hap-ki-do class.

On Sat morning body comp was unchanged, but on Sunday the weight jumped 2 lbs, mostly fat (only 0.5 lbs muscular mass). Down with nuts this week & try to do more fermented dairy - straight milk is no good. Got kefir grains for milk kefir and just about have enough kefir to start making quark now (or drink kefir). Water kefit is just awesome! Gelatin doesn't seem to do anything for me, still mainly depend on glucomannan for hunger suppression.

Good leg session yesterday, but decided to try a fasting day and recovery today. Maybe go for a run at lunch. Kindda dread afternoon today, as I have laser HR appt, and then have to drive to drop off the parking pass that will put me in the middle of the rush hour traffic I hoped people are still away after the long weekend, but the morning was so crowded. Freaking out!

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast