Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal Attempt #2 page 13

Leida is offline Senior Member
    December 16th: 32 min elliptical HIIT; support light lifts
    December 17th: stretch + Cat Vomit, walk (~ 60 min)
    December 18th: Max/Failure lifting on SQT, BBR + RJ; outdoor skating; KB swings (2-handed, 30 lbs, 80 reps), snatches (25#, 3x12)
    December 19th: walk (~ 30 min) and front kroll (34 min)
    December 20th: skate (~ 40 min) and front kroll (40 min)
    December 21st: Max/Failure lifting on DL, Failure ONLY: OHP + RJ; Skate (~ 40 min)
    December 22nd: front crawl (30 min), stretch, play
    December 23rd: Support + stretch, play
    December 24th:Max/Failure lifting: SQT (Failure), BP, pull-ups/chin-ups, stretch; play
    December 25th: Skiing, x-country (~ 2hrs)
    December 26th: Support + stretch, play (belay, pool)
    December 27th: Max/Failure Lifting: SQT, BBR, stretch, play (belay)
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Just tossing this out there... since you sound a bit like me You seem really hung up on this 5 lb window in your weight. I have no idea how tall you are but ~130 lbs for anything over 5 feet tall is a pretty reasonable weight for a muscular person (which you must be, given the weights you move around). What if you just let it go? 131 vs 129? Does it matter? If you didn't step on the scale that morning would your day of gone different? Your cloths probably don't fit much different for 2 pounds... What if you could give up counting calories and such? You probably have a good routine already established. You know about how much to eat and the kinds of foods to eat. So just ditch the counting and the scale for a while. I struggle with this too... but when I do let it go for a few weeks or whatever nothing ever really changes - its not like I gain 10 lbs because I stop tracking calories And I'm so much calmer and more content... because a+0.8 on the scale can't' ruin my day. Have some guidelines - mine is "I will not eat 2 chocolate bars a day" - but besides that just make good, reasonable choices. Devote all that tracking and obsessing to your lifting. Get Rippetoe's book or the 5-3-1 guy's book (don't know the author of that program) and instead of sitting down to track calories read about lifting. Or go for a walk or something.

Ok, unsolicited advice is over

I don't count calories. I have both Rippletoe, and 5-3-1, and SL 5x5, and worked my way through that. I log my lifting and had been for the past 3 years.

After I stopped counting calories and restricting my food intake in the end of October, my weight steadily went up from 122 lbs to 130+ lbs. My clothes don't fit any more, except the biggest/stretchiest ones. This morning it was 132.7 lbs; so total weight gain in these 3 months is about 11 lbs. So, yes, maybe 130 is no big deal at my height; but what about 140, 150, 160... it is not weight per se that concerns me it is the continuous gain when I do not count calories.

December 18th: Max/Failure lifting on SQT, BBR + RJ; outdoor skating; KB swings (2-handed, 30 lbs, 80 reps), snatches (25#, 3x12)
    December 21st: Max/Failure lifting on DL, Failure ONLY: OHP + RJ; Skate (~ 40 min)
    December 24th:Max/Failure lifting: SQT (Failure), BP, pull-ups/chin-ups, stretch; play
    December 28th: skating, walking
    December 29-January 5th: swimming in the ocean in fins + walking the beach in Cuba
    January 6th: off
    January 7th: Max/Failure lifting BP, chin-up, pull-up; walking
    Last edited by Leida; 01-08-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Felt run down yesterday afternoon, so replaced planned KB swings with going to the steam room and the hot tub and caught the last few minutes of my kiddo's badminton class. Woke up this morning stiff and hurting still. I am not sure if it is still jet lag or I am coming down with something. The rec centre is so crowded, it is pointless to go after work anyway. Walking today and skating.

Really need to fit in a good stretch. Yesterday someone was closeted in the quiet room during the time I normally go for a meditation and the stretch Will try a bit later in the day today.

December 29-January 5th: swimming in the ocean in fins + walking the beach in Cuba
    January 8th: Skating, stm.rm

Woke up to a lot of snow, so yay, x-country skiining this weekend, for sure! Also, felt ill on and off all day yesterday, came back drenched in sweat after a slow walk indoors on +15 at lunch (eye roll). Finally managed to get the quiet room for an afternoon stretch, boy, did I need it! very tight everything.

Much better this morning not much on maxes, but low and slow lifts went Okayish, and to my surprise I felt very easy on my feet jumping rope.

January 9th: walking, stretch (sick)
    January 10th: snow shoveling, Max/Failure Lifts (SQT, BBR, abs as support)

It is snowing harder and harder - building up the snow pack for Saturday skiing - so I am becoming tempted to skip the lunch walk and go home as soon as the last meeting is over & if stars align sneak in some steam room time before picking up my kiddo and the second shoveling session. I know that it depends on the buses, and the meeting could potentially stretch out erasing he advantages of skipping a lunch walk. I will absolutely need to sneak in a stretch though. Tight is not right.

Seriously froze my fingers and toes while snow-shoveling yesterday. Going to MEC today to buy the best thermal high-tech mittens and socks the money could buy. Lol.

January 9th: walking, stretch (sick)
    January 10th: snow shoveling x2, , Max/Failure Lifts (SQT, BBR, abs as support), walking

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I don't count calories. I have both Rippletoe, and 5-3-1, and SL 5x5, and worked my way through that. I log my lifting and had been for the past 3 years.

After I stopped counting calories and restricting my food intake in the end of October, my weight steadily went up from 122 lbs to 130+ lbs. My clothes don't fit any more, except the biggest/stretchiest ones. This morning it was 132.7 lbs; so total weight gain in these 3 months is about 11 lbs. So, yes, maybe 130 is no big deal at my height; but what about 140, 150, 160... it is not weight per se that concerns me it is the continuous gain when I do not count calories.
    It's strange that you allude that your body/hormones are giving you bad (no) satiation signals when you eat. What foods are you eating? I might focus on super nutrient dense foods for a few weeks and see if your body is so hungry on account of deficiencies in some areas of micro nutrients. Early last year I discovered that I was only eating about 8 different things for well over a year. There were gaps in my eating habits that were probably causing imbalances.

Some foods I'd throw out there

- sardines
    - black strap molasses
    - liver (this is an important one)
    - egg yolks (without the whites)
    - raw carrots
    - kale
    - avocadoes
    - blueberries

maybe your body is just hungry for nutrition instead of calories
    ad astra per aspera

Today I am up to 134.7 lbs, so the weight gain continues. I think the depression is now permanent. I developed a fear of undressing. I slip into bed dressed and take clothes off in the middle off the night in the dark. I avoid mirrors as much as I can.

Doing WODs from Cross-fit with as little modifications as I can, walk, swim, stand in the office - the usual, lightened up fat load and increased intake of fruit and vegetables. Eating raw honey again. Feel great except for growing fatter and fatter and fatter.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    135.5 this morning. Do I know how to hoard it or what? Mom sent a link with PHD book from 2012. Like I need to read another diet book. There is no such book or macro or WOD in the world that will make me anything that I am - a fat, pathetic middle-aged woman. The trick is to get happy about it. Go figure how. I hate myself.

Figured I start with putting the scale away, so it doesn't sit in the corner of the bathroom waiting.

Second thing I am doing is leaving the WOD for tomorrow and going skiing today. Yeah, just skiing.
    Last edited by Leida; 03-07-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast