Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal Attempt #2 page 12

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I am desperate, still 126.9 lbs this morning, so I am starting a potato fast. Argh. Part of it is because it is TOM, so I am holding on to water, i guess + appetite is high.... Please, please, please, let me drop a few lbs of fat before going on vacations....

3 December 2012: Abs and elliptical (~ 30 mins maybe), stretch, pool play
    4 December 2012: Light lifting (tried to do failure squats with 95 lbs, but it was too light, this Saturday I will do 100 lbs after 2-3 reps on ~ 135-140 lbs; did weighed tilt with 22.5 lbs and shoulder blades on the bench, sidesteps with 17.5 lbs, and 75 lbs 5x5 of split-squats + myotic crunch and Torture Twists; still owe myself Cat Vomiting exerciser); 20 min elliptical HIT
    5 December 2012: stupid crazy day so all I could fit in was ~ 30 min walking and 25 min front kroll (>1K) - My kroll is much improved with Ferris tips, so I am going to build it up to 40 min (about a week at this rate) and start working on the flips so the swim is continuous.
    6 December 2012: 1900 cals, 90 g fat, 92/21 g carbs and 183 g protein; Strength Balancing Workout (no chops, will finish today); 16 min elliptical.
    7 December 2012: Cat Vomiting; Plan:Swimming front kroll for a min of 30 min and Planks/Push-ups + strength balancing kneeling chop
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I am trying to settle in to the higher weight right now (127-129 lbs):

the pro's: sleep is magically improved; strength and energy are up (benched 92 lbs again)
    the con's: harder to breathe during dynamic workouts; smaller clothes are too snug

Got really tired by the end of the last week, so reduced cardio & we had a great weekend with the party I had a few licks and bites of sweets, but I did not feel like devouring anything. In fact the candy tasted atrocious to me. Fruit is still tasting really, really good.

I have an unfortunately scheduled meeting today, so I am going to go for a swim, and shift lifting by 1 day, probably do Tuesday and Thursday. Other than that, seem to be able to do lifting just fine every 3rd day & support a couple of times a week, and do cardio whenever. Not to bad. Just wish the clothes fit better

Actually, higher weight is far higher now than I thought. Did a check this morning, came to 130.6 lbs. Cripes. Of course that gave me a pause, but the only thing I am willing to do differently at the morning is to:
    a. drop dairy
    b. put a measuring spoon into the jar of almond butter and limit to 1 tbsp
    c. record my training to make sure I am not slacking on cardio

Finished the last sliver of parmesan this morning with my 2 boiled eggs. 1/2 cup egg whites + 2 eggs + coconut oil (~1/2 tbsp to grease the bowl) for 2nd breakfast & slow cooked pig heart (~ 1 cup), spinach, broccoli slaw mix, a few radishes & 1/2 avocado for lunch. For supper - crisped dark turkey meat with kale, black beans & onions. A few slices of fruit from the fruit plate & some eggplant caviar & almond butter with tea.

Weekdays: standing in the office

December 16th: 32 min elliptical HIIT; support light lifts
    December 17th: stretch + Cat Vomit, walk (~ 60 min)
    December 18th: Max/Failure lifting on SQT, BBR + RJ; planned: KB swings/snatches + elliptical (or swim if have time)
    Last edited by Leida; 12-18-2012 at 08:34 AM.

The root causes of my over-eating and not being able to lose fat without obsessing over it & what to do about it:

1) Unable to take sensual pleasure in anything else than food. Alternative: sex. Start working on attaining sexual pleasure/orgasm
    2) Desire/contentment: not feeling content with just a bit of a good thing, wanting more and more. Will continue to work on trying to experience both gratitude rather than deserved-ness and the sense of fulfillment/contentment
    3) Sugar imbalances/cravings: continue to work on the ability to achieve self-hypnosis and create negative images of sweet food, particulary fruit as per "I can Make You Thin" technique. Work on achieving the authoritative "NO".

Lagoon opened up downtown, so hurray, had my first outdoor skate of the season.
    Those min/max workouts take a few hours to kick in - I only realized how tired the works were when I started stumbling over the jumping rope in the afternoon. So, I did not add cardio after sings and snatches. Sore and beat this morning, hopefully a good sign.

Weight was 128.6 lbs this morning, feel a bit better about being under 130 lbs, odd to feel happy about that, but well, small blessings.

Today is of course the stupid company lunch so I will lose my walk or have to shorten it a fair bit. I hope to be able to put in the support work and elliptical this morning.

Weekdays: standing in the office

December 18th: Max/Failure lifting on SQT, BBR + RJ; outdoor skating; KB swings (2-handed, 30 lbs, 80 reps), snatches (25#, 3x12)

Diet wise, i am trying to settle into the a pattern of:

protein + fat for breakfast and 2nd breakfast
    unlimited vegetables with red meat or fatty fish for lunch
    pre-workout snack of nuts if required
    and fruit + almond butter for supper.

That would give me the bulk of calories during the 5 am to 2 pm time frame, hopefully keeps me going through the workout if I do it in the crappy pm slot & keeps supper at low calories, while not feeling deprived and getting a sugary treat when things tend to break down + have limited time to consume too much fruit. That's the theory, at least. It worked well yesterday, but it's a week or two in, when the best intentions fly outta the window, lol. Dunno still what to do with the bloody weekends.

Max/Failure workouts resonate hard on the body with DOMs for 1-2 consequent days. I do not feel like I am under-lifting. With teh form corrections from the trainer and weight gain, my deadlift is down (a LOT), my Overhead press/Push-press slightly better, bench - slightly better, and squat/BBR pretty much unchanged.

Swimming with the 4-hour body recommendations is drastically improved for distance kroll (34 min yesterday, and would have done 40 easily if the pool did not close for classes).

Breathing is still problematic with extra weight.

/////

Wrist still hurts, so opted out for a walk and a swim yesterday, plus meetings/lunch ate out in the standing time, so as a result no weight loss today, weighed in at 128.4 lbs.

December 18th: Max/Failure lifting on SQT, BBR + RJ; outdoor skating; KB swings (2-handed, 30 lbs, 80 reps), snatches (25#, 3x12)
    December 19th: walk (~ 30 min) and front kroll (34 min)

Wrist was better but I decided not to put weight on it for OHP, because that's how it fracked my shoulder last time. So, I did failure OHP at 56 lbs only, no push-press, no max. Deadlifts, I went full tilt, and apparently I did not got the memo on the 'lifting max to the knees', it somehow felt easier to pull the full lift. 165 lbs only, though, DL is still harder with a better form as shown by my PT. Feels puny, but well, what's the point of pulling more, but with the back, not legs? Was runnibng out of time, so just did Torture Twist for abs, and leaving planks and myotic crunch for tomorrow after cardio-o-o.

Finally got kroll to 40 min yesterday, no skin of my nose. Now to start working on flips and counting laps to monitor the intensity. Good stuff.

December 20th: skate (~ 40 min) and front kroll (40 min)
    December 21st: Max/Failure lifting on DL, Failure ONLY: OHP + RJ; planned: skate and short swim?

I was chatting with my boss, who is a speed skier and a triathlon-er, and because I have switched gears from running (my summer thing) to swimming (winter thing) he asked me if I am gonna get into triathlon. I am telling him "Nope, feel really uncomfortable on the bike." Actually, I don't even own the bike! He said it was unusual combo for triathletes to be comfortable with: swim and run. I am not a big runner either, though, lol, particularly with the bunion in the last 2 years.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am really gaining weight, despite showing quite a bit of moderation and continually being active. 131.7 lbs this morning. I don't know if any of it is muscle, after all i am hoping to gain muscle through my lifting max/failure, but I sure know that I dislike the look of my mid-section. (Le Sigh).

All I can do for now is remind myself that cutting too early before allowing the body to gain enough muscle mass is the #1 mistake female bodybuilders wannabe make. I am not a body builder, but nothing happened to me really without gain of mass.

So, I have no clue how this story ends up.

Mom had brilliant idea for fruit limitations without feeling deprived. Buying oranges, and not apples (I am not big as big on citrus fruit as I am on every other fruit + it takes some time to peel one --> brain is more engages into the decision to eat, it is not so immediate). I would also add melons/cantaloupes, because I chop up the whole fruit and then the temptation is short when I dole it out on the fruit plate, so will-power expenditure is minimal. Will see.

December 20th: skate (~ 40 min) and front kroll (40 min)
    December 21st: Max/Failure lifting on DL, Failure ONLY: OHP + RJ; Skate (~ 40 min)
    December 22nd: front crawl (30 min), stretch, play
    December 23rd: Support + stretch, play
    December 24th:Max/Failure lifting: SQT (Failure), BP, pull-ups/chin-ups, stretch; play
    December 25th: Skiing, x-country (~ 2hrs)
    December 26th: Support + stretch, play (belay, pool)

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast