Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: St. Patty's page 4

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Today... nothing. Sent my boys to a new home, made some sausage patties and broccoli (hey, that's green) and self-medicating with chocolate.

My family does to a big St Patty's dinner every year, which is going to be Saturday. Corned beef, cabbage, various root veggies, potatoes. I'll do everything but the taters. I'm making some pistachio pudding this year instead of the boxed stuff. Guess what the base ingredient is.

Avocado.

Plaid Dad is offline Junior Member

CB&C is definitely an Irish-American thing. St. Patrick's Day for Irish-Americans has to do with sentimental immigrant nostalgia for Ireland as it was when our ancestors came over, typically 100-150 years ago - famine food and all. It's also an excuse to get smashed in the middle of Lent. For all that, my mother used to say that it was the one day of the year she was ashamed to be Irish, because people acted like such idjits.

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

I'm with a couple others. Nothing. The origins of the holiday are ... iffy at best. But really seems like an excuse to get drunk because some Irishmen get drunk? That really doesn't make a lot of sense since it's an American holiday. Plus, all those stereotypes. I have redhair and I honestly hate going out on this day due to all the comments I get about luck o' the Irish and so on.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

How did I celebrate?

I watched the retards get drunk in Times Square, and vomit in front to the doors at work.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

It's not an American Holiday though, although I understand Irish immigrants brought it to the U.S. using it as an excuse to get drunk is repugnant because it's meant to be a celebration of a Saint.

"using it as an excuse to get drunk is repugnant because it's meant to be a celebration of a Saint"

St. Patty's day in the US is just a way to kick off drunken barbecue season. People are restless from not having a drinking holiday since New Years. It really could have any name whatsoever, as long as it meant drinking and debauchery.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Well then they should name it something else.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

I had my first Guinness in a long long time, ate bread in a long long time (Reuben, that corned beef was ridiculous!) had fries for the first time in a long time as well. Actually that's a lie, I had fries not long ago. I felt great eating because I know the PB has my back and I don't even really need to "get back on track" I had a meal outside the PB completely on purpose and my conscience is totally clear.

I couldn't finish my beer though, I actually felt the effects of it and I was about the half pint point... PB has made me a lightweight!

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

"Well then they should name it something else. "

Haha...but my point is that in the US, S.t Patrick *means* drinking and debauchery. You can't dissociate the two anymore. Poor St. Patty has as much to with his holiday here as Jesus does with Christmas. :-D

volotek is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think Ireland is a beautiful and wonderful country. I plan on vacationing there in the late summer.

StoneAgeQueen what helped you in the decision to be fruit free?

Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234