Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newcomer :-) page

Enda23 is offline Junior Member

newcomer :-)

Hi all,

First read marks's book in January and have finally started using this website. i keep falling off the primal wagon and giving in to sugar cravings.. hopefully get some tips on here on how to carry on with this way of eating for a long time to come.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Bacon.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    You need to fight your way through several days of very low carbs. And eat plenty of fatty stuff like, yes, bacon.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Some people need to ease into it. Maybe spend a week just primalizing breakfast, learn what's good and primal that you like, then removing the mid-morning snack and coke, then work on lunch the third week, etc. Other people need the Whole30. The Whole30 Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

at the min i have bacon and eggs, tea spoon of coconut oil and blueberries for breakfast, nuts/square of dark choc as break, meat and spinach/red onion/avocado for lunch, meat and brocolli (with butter) at dinner, nuts/protein at night. This sound ok for 1-2 weeks then i can switch it up?

Thanks

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I'd try to cut out the "nuts at night" thing if possible though. Night snacking has ruined many a weight loss dream. By the way you don't need to eat a teaspoon of coconut oil if you don't want to. I never have. I just use it to fry things in.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

I just put the coconut oil in my smoothies, and cook with it.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Should i focus on equations in marks book to get a calorie estimate or just eat what i listed and try that first? thanks

Sounds like you're on the right track, don't get too caught up in equations or calculations. Get rid of all the added sugars and grains. Eat your meat, eggs and veggies. Eat until no longer hungry. Exercise regularly and you'll be on the right track.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

katiepotato is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Eat until no longer hungry.
    That's what I'm getting used to at the moment - and eating only when hungry, rather than just because it's "mealtime." I'm finding it hard to break out of the 3 meals and 2 snacks mindset! Also, my husband is much taller than I am so has a much bigger appetite, and takes a bit of persuading that I genuinely don't mind if he eats without me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast