Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaining weight instead of loosing ... page

katsetaja is offline Junior Member

Gaining weight instead of loosing ...

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I am a bit confused. I am on my day 5 now and yesterday morning I discovered that instead of loosing weight I was gaining it. I dont understand what I was doing wrong? Anyone else had that same problem in beginning or you all started to loose weight in your first week?

For the note. I do not use carbs or sugar (except yesterday evening a little by mistake and it was terrible). I stick with meats, veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts (a little), milk (raw), butter, olive oil - so far thats it. Nothing what is forbidden.

Help plsease. I will add a link to my food journal as well that maybe you can figure out better than I do http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57250.html

I do not run - canīt and hate it. But I stay outside during each day for several ours in my rabbitry by doing different kind of farm works there.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    OK first stop looking at the scale. It's generally pointless and misleading. You gain and lose weight throughout the day.

Your journal looks pretty good. Stick with what you're doing. Five days is nothing, give it 5 weeks. Primal is not a crash course fad weight loss diet, it's a lifestyle for sustainable body composition change and maintenance.

BTW if I make it to Estonia can I swing by and eat some fresh rabbit?
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post

BTW if I make it to Estonia can I swing by and eat some fresh rabbit?
    Yes, you are very welcome!

And thanks for the response. I normaly do not check the scale during the week, but all were asking, how is going and so on, and then I went there. I wish that I did not I feel great and I think that I look slimmer too, my belly is not that bloted as it use to be.
    I like that all sugars and carbs are out of menu and out of sight, but other hand it do not bother me eighter when they lay around in stores.

BTW. Next week we will eat probably a lot BB rabbit (We have holiday St. Jans Day, June 24th - and somehow it turned out as BB holiday).

Any good primal BB marinades where I can soak my rabbits?

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    If you feel better, and look better what does the scale matter? Truth is you might have gained some muscle and lost some fat, either way you're on the right track, keep it up!

Eastern Europe is on the to do list, not sure when though. (Hence the name Wanderlust)

I can't help on the rabbit marinade, don't have alot of them here. But I imagine a little red wine vinegar and scallions would be a nice start.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    I apologize for having to do this, but you don't loose weight, you lose weight. Your pants will become loose after you lose, however.

icz
    icz is offline Member
    It looks to me like you mady not be eating enough.

Quote Originally Posted by codered5 View Post
    I apologize for having to do this, but you don't loose weight, you lose weight. Your pants will become loose after you lose, however.
    Thanks, as I told my Natile language is not English and I do make mistakes So thanks for correcting. I did not check that up before I posted ...

Quote Originally Posted by icz View Post
    It looks to me like you mady not be eating enough.
    You think so? But I do not feel hungry, if I do not feel hungry I donīt see the point eating if I canīt fit anything there...
    So need to eat more...

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Try to skip honey and fruit & not replace it with anything. While fruit is benign, in some people who are sensitive to sugar it causes false appetite (that's me). Another thing to look at is just how much fat you are using. Fat calories add up like wild fire, and in lighter women and men can cause weight gains. If you are not overweight to start with, avoiding adding fat in cooking, and just using what's on the meat already might be a good idea.
    Last edited by Leida; 06-13-2012 at 06:34 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katsetaja View Post
    Hi, I am a bit confused. I am on my day 5 now and yesterday morning I discovered that instead of loosing weight I was gaining it. I dont understand what I was doing wrong? Anyone else had that same problem in beginning or you all started to loose weight in your first week?

For the note. I do not use carbs or sugar (except yesterday evening a little by mistake and it was terrible). I stick with meats, veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts (a little), milk (raw), butter, olive oil - so far thats it. Nothing what is forbidden.

Help plsease. I will add a link to my food journal as well that maybe you can figure out better than I do http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57250.html

I do not run - canīt and hate it. But I stay outside during each day for several ours in my rabbitry by doing different kind of farm works there.
    It's been 5 days? You shouldn't be anywhere near a scale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast