Thread: Help me come to my senses! page

wolfman is offline Senior Member

Help me come to my senses!

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys....I'm a bit embarrassed to put it out there but oh well, I've been doing pretty well with my primal goings, I lift heavy at my brothers facility, all big lifts etc, I swim and kayak or walk every non lifting day ( I'm a lifeguard) and I eat very well....kind of...I'm really good about making my primal meals etc, but in the past two tuesdays all the guards ordered pizza or burgers and I went nuts...I don't know what came over me, and the whole day I ate like crap, snickers, ice cream, chips...I know I lie to myself and said "eh it's a cheat day" or "eh you ate one bad meal already"....I'm 25, 165 pounds, 5'10, and in pretty good shape and I don't feel any negative effects from the bad food binge..and I eat clean the rest of the week! but man I just hate loosing the mental battles, someone slap me! Just need some motivation etc.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    It happens...80/20, you are young, prob not overly grain sensitive....don't stress it. If it happens again you could just eat the toppings or eat the burgers without the buns. That way you can enjoy the time with your friends and not stress.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    yeah, just going to have to try and up my resolve when that day rolls around.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    $h!t happens, getting bent out of shape won't help. Remember you're (I hope) in this for a lifetime, so one bad day, hell one bad year is nothing.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Rochxyde is offline Junior Member
    I'm struggling with the mental part as well. I work in an office environment where people practically hoard things like cookies and pretzels at their desks, and there's ALWAYS cake or cupcakes somewhere. I'm asked "Would you like a cookie?" and before I even have time to talk myself out of it, it's already eaten! I'm working on remembering my resolve whenever someone pulls junk like that out. Keeping a big bowl of leafy greens on my desk (I eat them like chips) within sight helps remind me I have GOOD food to eat instead.

Maybe the next time you know their ordering out like that, eat before you go in to keep you full when their "food" arrives.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    I usually keep some beef jerky, nuts or hard boiled eggs handy if I'm going to away from home for long.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    As Dirlot said, 80/20. So having pizza and whatnot every now and then isn't a big deal. Heck, enjoy it! For that meal, you weren't primal. Next meal, be primal. Done.

When others around you are eating crap or offering it to you, sieze the opportunity to take a spur-of-the-moment Intermittent Fast. Works for me.

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Pizza, burgers, ice cream - if you can't stop yourself from wanting and eating them, you might just need more fat in your diet and your body only knows frankenfood sources to get it from. Try eating more coconut/coconut oil, maybe full fat dairy and fattier meat and see if you still need the junk food.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    Remember that most of the CW food is loaded with polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) and that it will build up in your tissues. Go buy some coconut oil and butter and add that to whatever you already eat. Say yes to sugar and things like ice cream and no to pizza.