Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G'day page

becalive is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I've always been interested in health and eating healthy food, but its only in the last 2 years I was introduced to Nourishing Traditions (Traditional Food)....which has really opened up to me how we need to go back to the original ways and how screwed up the food system has become by allowing all this so called food in the market place.........anyhow in the past months I have discovered this website and read more about Primal living in the last weeks.............I really believe both of these realms overlap adamantly believe that if we were meant to eat low fat milk/cheese etc God would have made us the low fat cow.....he didn't so I'm going to continue to believe that he instead we eat real cheese, butter and milk with cream on top.

I'm Rebekah.....a 26 yr old and a 4 yr resident of USA and arrived from Australia.... 5'2ft, 117lbs (can't say I was 'fit' but I walked every day from the train station etc and active on Saturdays with some sport/beach activity).....3yrs later, 135lbs.....then had baby and post baby I am 145-150lbs. Still same height though

So I am trying with all my might to get back to 135 and back down to at least 120lbs. I really haven't lost a thing since having the baby...... which has been quite disheartening at times...... I dont eat boxed cookies/crackers/chips, avoid HFCS like the plague, dont drink soft drinks/juices, eat real fats - no vegetable oil )cept when eating out and at the inlaws..... I eat eggs for breakfast w/ CO.....lunch is usually leftovers, and dinner is meat, lots of veggies, salad, some sort of carb- in the last week I have tried to decrease my intake. My downfall is eating candy/chocolate "lollies" - from Australia in the evening, habit and boredom more then anything??

Since its warming up I have been walking everyday for a minimum of 30 mins.....I have some 3lb and 15 lbs weights I have been lifting...

so thats a little insight of where I am atm....

Zophie is offline Senior Member

Hi Rebekah, welcome!

It sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck.

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member

Coconut oil bark has gotten me past my chocolate cravings. I don't use any real measurements, but I guess I take about a half a cup of coconut oil, two or three tablespoons of cocoa, a pinch of salt, about a half of a teaspoon of honey and I whisk it all together in a metal bowl that I sit in hot water like a double boiler. I add some chopped nuts, and pour it into a flat container so that it's about 10mm thick, then I refrigerate it. I break off pieces as I need chocolate.

You're going to be surprised at how good you feel, and how quickly it all comes together once you iron out the rough spots.

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...wder-uses-help!

There are some better recipes in there. It's where I got it from.

shastagirl Guest

welcome rebekah,

i also hail from australia, im 2 years older than you and also have been here 2 years longer! so i guess we moved here at the same age

glad you found your way here to this blog, lot of great information and recipes and of course great supportive people!

Thanks - today is the first day I have weighed under 145lb

I never really thought about carbs before - I just ate real food. I had been eating potatoes pretty much every night (fried potatoes in peanut oil-yum), thinking that they were fine for me since I was preparing them from scratch.....I have been curbing them back.

One change at a time.

Ninjagirl is offline Junior Member

Why would anyone want to move from Australia. I have never been there, but it looks like a nice place on the travel brochures. I am in frosty Canada....Brrr I love snow - NOT

I do not like snow either!

I only moved cause this is where my husband is. I have yet to convince him to move...until then I will enjoy Sunny OHIO.

KatFish is offline Junior Member

Hello fellow aussies! I feel somewhat betrayed. I'm never leaving australia, I'm here for good. *clings onto a eucalypt* Well... the galapagos would be the only exception.

Anyways GL and don't let the yanks brainwash you! Keep that aussy spirit alive. hehe :P

maba is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

Welcome to MDA Rebekah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast