Thread: Questions about IF page

Turtle Guest

Primal Fuel

So I recently read the article on IF. It made alot of sense but I still have questions. So what I got from it was that if your body is in a caloric deficent state and your blood sugar is balanced then your brain with trigger the insulin use not only the food you eat but the stored fat for energy.

So i did a little science project. I started checking my blood sugar. My range is on the low side. In a fasting state (I stopped eating at 10am and took it at 9pm) my blood sugar was 105 before I ate, while eatting it dropped to 95 until an hour later it was 105. It ranges between 78 and 135.

Now normally blood sugar should range above 80 to like 200. Anything below or above would be abnormal and pointing to diabetes.

It states that if your Blood sugar gets to high it increases your insulin which increases fat storing. Now if I already have low bs then is my insulin low as well and what does that mean in the terms of weight loss. How do you reset your body to balance your insulin to funtion correctly?

What do you all Think?

brian7972 Guest

PrimalCon New York

"Now normally blood sugar should range above 80 to like 200."

Not sure where you got this information from. While you're correct that normal fasting blood sugar should be around 80, post-prandial (post-meal) should be around the 120 range. Anything near 200 would be an indication of a diabetic condition.

"How do you reset your body to balance your insulin to funtion correctly?"

By following the Primal Blueprint eating guidelines which will regulate your insulin levels (i.e. less spikes/valleys), thus increasing your insulin sensitivity.