Thread: Real frustrations with paleo/primal page

Gilleh is offline Senior Member

Real frustrations with paleo/primal

Primal Fuel
    I'll start.
    Figured I need a place to rant and people feel the same.

My overweight, statin fed mother think I'm killing myself with a high fat diet.
    Every egg I eat, every broth I make is an argue.
    My dad smokes 1.5 pack a day, probably more, for over 40 years. He's weak and diabetic, shell of a man.

Your turn!!
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

perennialpam is online now Senior Member
    I totally understand. People constantly comment about my consumption. They just don't know. If you are old enough, just do what you know will work and silently ignore their "comments". When they see your results, they may join in. Good luck.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Mom is overweight *correction: morbidly obese*, diabetic, short one thyroid, and has a bad heart. Still buys margarine, and drinks a significant amount of Diet Coke daily.

When I ask her about her choices she says, "Change is hard."

I used to get hour-long lectures and/or a swat on the rear (or several) for saying that exact same thing.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Bummer. Hang in there :-)
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I hear you. Father is a heart patient on aspirin (quadruple bypass), a couple of stents, arteries threatening to blow in five different places in his body, no teeth, on cholesterol drugs, diverticulitis, knee replacement in one knee - soon to be two, loudest snorer I have ever heard (he is the reason I learned to sleep through anything as a kid), skin looks like he is 90 when he is only a newly-minted 70 because he never bothered to wear a hat or nothing in the sun and burned probably hundreds of times... still smokes, eats white bread, margarine, cheap lunch meat and processed cheese, full-sugared Coke, canned vegetables, and refuses to wear a seat belt (had to add that - tries to tell my kids seat belts are ineffective... pisses me off).

And he still sees fit to tell me how screwed up my food is.

If he were decently fit for 70, he would have half of a point, but as it is...

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    I had a big smooth belly before which didn't really bother me, now I've got this weird floppy misshapen thing. I won't even go on to describe the rest of me... Visualising myself skinnier in the future has helped to motivate me but it has also tainted my self-esteem a little when I see what I really look like. I know I'll be able to achieve the look I want, but it's going to be many months. Not bikini-ready this summer, but maybe next summer!

(On the plus side I feel amazing, and excited to be able to tuck my belly flap into some smaller jeans!)
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveWeirdo View Post
    Not bikini-ready this summer, but maybe next summer!
    You go, CaveWeirdo!! You and me, both!!