Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is it with Coconut oil and effing Diarrhea? page 4

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Great weight loss, btw, Warmbear. I saw your Facebook post today.
    I was a tad bit confused there for a sec but you must be on the Ontario paleo facebook. I was like do I know you? yeah I wonder if I am loosing weight too fast sometimes, 50 lbs ish since easter? of course if I cheated less, it would be faster too.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I wonder if I am loosing weight too fast sometimes, 50 lbs ish since easter?
    That is fantastic!! Maybe it is all that whooshing
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Ha no. that Whooshing is very temporary
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Linny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I get the whoosh, I get the sweats I get the nausea never passed out. it just runs through ya and then boom, fine.
    Sounds like you're suffering from a vasovagal response.

Vasovagal response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Knifegill, you know he's not talking about an energy "whoosh", right? More of a rush to the bathroom than an energy rush.

That happened to me when I tried bulletproof coffee, but it doesn't bother me with cooking. Like everyone says, just use left. Halve the amount of CO and make it up with butter. Try just using it a couple of times a week. Add just a drop. Whatever method makes sense to you, try working up to it from small amounts and see if you can tolerate it. If not, then maybe just don't use it. It's good stuff but it's not necessary for health.
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Try it at lunch or dinner not breakfast- I read that people use it as a laxative in the morning.
    Really eh??? I need to get me some coconut oil. Things are not been "whooshing" easily these past few days

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    I have the same issues, I generally use it just to lube the pan, but I did add a good dollop on my scrambled eggs the other day and I mean a BIG dollop. Within 30 minutes I felt so sick and weak, I thought I had come down with the stomach flu that everyone has been having, maybe it was but it did seem a coincidence. I went home and sat around for the rest of the day feeling decidedly 'off'.

I have had this reaction before when I first got some CO and started zealously using it OTT. So its back to a teaspoon a day!!
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Have read the unrefined kind causes allergic response, maybe try some cheap refined CO.

Just found this "whoosh" thread after a bit of poking around.

Things had been really liquidy (sorry) in the afternoon when I was ramping up my coconut oil in the bulletproof coffee. I figured that was the problem, eased up a bit and the problem went away. This morning, to meet whatever the weird craving was, I beefed up the Kerrygold and really overdid it on the coconut oil. Well, my a$$ was like a faucet...

At least I have a reminder as to the culprit.

sed777 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thank grok i found this thread. I was wondering if the increase in vegetables or tainted chicken was the culprit. Or if this lifestyle was right for me.....but now me thinks ive been using way to much virgin CO when cooking!

As i read this i just got done re heating some lunch which was grilled chicken thighs and saute vegetable medley. after reading this i decided to set the veggies aside and a co worker inquired if he could eat them....I said sure have at it, but be warned it might clean you out...I'll update later....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast