Thread: A little Hello from France page

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member

A little Hello from France

Shop Now
    Hello.
    First and foremost, I want you to forgive me if the way I'm expressing myself can seem a bit strange or unnatural sometimes. I am French and English is far from being my native speaking language. However I tend to be very interested in english speaking countries and culture so year after year I'm more and more fluent writing and speaking it. It's just not perfect at all.

So, some words about my humble self.

I am a 18 years old teenager, living in France in the south of Paris. The reason why I'm now here on this forum is a very, very long story. To sum it up a bit, about 2 years ago, I was very unsatisfied with the way my body looked. I was 15/16 at this time, and a particularly sedentary teenager, struggling with major headaches and self-confidence problems, and a kind of abnormal fatigability for a young man of my age.
    So as TV tells us all, if we want to be healthier, we have to move more.

I started to move more. MUCH more. My family bought a stationary bike and I did near to one hour of full intensity cardio on it every day during nearly 3 months. I wasn't very concerned at the time about my nutrition, I didn't know anything about lean body mass or health, I just stopped to eat what I thought was obviously bad for me like spoons of Nutella or several bowls of industrial cereals.
    I didn't ask myself too much question about it, as many teenagers would do. However, I lost a big amount of weight very quickly, and I wasn't that overweight to begin with. In fact, I was skinny fat and didn't start my puberty.

I lost nearly 15 kg (more than 30 lbs), and I realize now that it was also a fair amount of muscle mass.
    I stopped doing excessive cardio looking like a real anorexic, not the worst case of anorexia nervosa, but however, my body was extremely sick looking.
    At that time, I didn't feel tiredness. I decided that I had to gain some weight back and started to lift weights.
    But month after month, it became more and more intensive, and my training became a severe form of overtraining, pushing myself to exhaustion after I completed what was planned, to be assured that I "worked" hard enough.
    At the same time, I started to change the way I ate, and was influenced by many false informations we can find on the internet on several muscle buildings communities, eating a diet that was very high in carbohydrates (mostly grains) and very low in fat.
    The addition of these two factors led me to a serious state of overtraining and burnout.
    I struggled during many months to discover what I had.
    I thought it was depression at first, then we talked about adrenal fatigue...
    But after several tests and after battling with the doctors to be considered more seriously, having done many researches by myself in order to heal, I was diagnosed with a very extreme state of diet and overtraining-induced hypogonadism.

I'm now treated with Androtardyl 250 mg (Testosterone enanthate) every 3 weeks. It's been nearly 3 months now. But the treatment only worked when I decided to embrace totally my healing process. Because of my horrible hormonal condition, I had developed many forms of disorders, close to some eating disorders, very strange and mind-jailing rituals. I decided to totally change this, and my mind set.
    I discovered the Paleo philosophy, I knew about it already, but never had the "courage" to try it. I never thought it was for me. I was afraid of change, I was afraid of fat, I was afraid of trying things that weren't majorly practiced.
    But I tried it, because I felt I had nothing left to loose.
    And it changed my life, totally.
    We also discovered that my hormonal imbalance was already present before my overtraining and my nutritional mistakes, I had naturally a low-normal to low testosterone level and a high level of cortisol, explaining many of the symptoms of my early teens (pear/hourglass shaped and very soft looking body, some really strange hot flushed and a pronounced tendency to have face swellings, high anxiety, digestive problems, headaches, auto-immune disorders like vitiligo...).

Combining the way I eat know, fasting during 16 hours including sleep, eating 2 big and satisfying meals the paleo way, I feel much more peaceful than I ever felt in my whole life, being able to be connected to all my intellectual and emotional deepness, being able to develop a kind of spiritual peace, to meditate, to see things with more "highness". I'm much more clear minded and mostly relieved from all form of extreme anxiety.

So I want to thank all of you for this. I feel partly saved from this crazy, soul eating society that's moving much too fast and much too unnaturally, this high treason of what we truly are.

To talk a little bit about myself, I'm passionate by Art in all its forms, mostly music, which I practice. I play piano, guitar, and little bit of keyboards. I have the pretentiousness to sing, too. I compose music on my computer, mostly in a "Soundtrack/Trailer music" genre, influenced by the likes of Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, Thomas Newman... and many, many others.
    I'm also in a progressive rock/metal band called Jack's Revenge influenced by artists like Devin Townsend, Steven Wilson, Dream Theater, but also a very large palette of musicians from different genres.
    I was studying music production this year, until December when my health had me to stop, studio engineering, in order to give more professionalism to my pieces and to develop another qualification in the music business, but I will start again next year.

Voilą
    Thanks for your attention
    Last edited by Daydreamer; 06-12-2012 at 07:44 AM.

These multiple spams are really annoying :/

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, the forums do have that problem. But welcome!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm glad you found us. What you've been through sounds really scary.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Thanks for your welcoming messages