Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do pullup bars hurt the door? page 3

gmarkos319 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    The only issue we had was that it turned our white crown molding black.... I guess from the pressure and constant rubbing. Completely worth it though!

This exactly. I'm having a little impression on my white molding right now and getting scared the landlord may have a fit but that wont stop me!

-NomadicHealth.com

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Did you see the awesome pullup/dip station in the blog the other day? Scroll down to see it. I bet it costs a fortune.
    How to Incorporate the Primal Blueprint into a Busy Family and Work Life | Mark's Daily Apple
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post

1.- Get the "screw-in" bars they sell on eBay: ADJUSTABLE PULL-UP CHIN-UP DOOR GYM BAR HOME EXERCISE WORKOUT TRAINING FITNESS | eBay I use that badboy. It's cheaper and more versatile (and apparently doesn't do much more harm to door-frames that the more "stable-looking" ones). It holds enough weight, too. Don't be fooled, it's a strong piece of equipment.
    Err .... This kind of bar doesn't necessarily work with all sorts of houses. I've cracked three door frames in my place with this very bar (just hoping the landlord doesn't notice at the next inspection).
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, doors are inanimate.... they feel no pain, so you can yell at them, slam them, and they feel nothing... Sorry folks, my smart-alec bone got the best of me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123