Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick smart comebacks to my fellas concern about my PB eating!! page

pinknemo111 is offline Junior Member

Quick smart comebacks to my fellas concern about my PB eating!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm going really well on PB, belly shrunk dramatically, acne clearing rapidly, urticaria swelling gone almost competely and itching calmed huge amount...
    My problem now is the boyfriend.. He's been a bobybuilder for 20yrs only eats lean chicken, almost no veg and no fruit although binges almost daily on bread or sweets and suffers dramatic IBS.
    Whilst I'm sat enjoying my pork belly with spinach cooked in cream hes sat heckling me for eating far too much saturated fat and boking at the fact I eat the crispy fat.. getting rather tiresome to say the least I've told him I don't interfere with his diet so he shouldn't interfere with mine.
    But he won't let it go..
    Anyone got any quick sharp comebacks for me to use????

There was a post by Mark a few days back on this, let me see if I can find the link for you!
    Perks

pinknemo111 is offline Junior Member
    I shall take a peek and investigate!
    cheers perks

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    "my food tastes awesome, and your food doesn't even taste...and i'm still getting better in every way. why don't you go camp out on the toilet some more...i'm going to go walk barefoot in the sun."

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    I eat all the fat to lubricate my veins and arteries to improve blood flow

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Wow, "dramatic IBS" paints quite a picture. There must be something there you can use.

Seriously though when my relationship was going through that phase I tried to frame the argument as a temporary thing I had to do to heal my insulin resistance and that he should feel sorry for me because I am sick and trying to get well so I can be normal.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinknemo111 View Post
    I'm going really well on PB, belly shrunk dramatically, acne clearing rapidly, urticaria swelling gone almost competely and itching calmed huge amount...
    So basically what you're saying is that you're getting healthier and hotter and he's hassling you? He sounds like an ass. Not sure if what you need are quick comebacks or a new boyfriend. How could he not be happy about a healthier/hotter girlfriend. Unless there are some insecurities there. Either 1) personally/relationally or 2) a refusal to accept that he's been on the wrong (SAD) path all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by pinknemo111 View Post
    He.. suffers dramatic IBS.
    I've had IBS for almost 20 years, and that's one part of why I switched to Primal two weeks ago, after seeing several posts by people that it helped clear up their symptoms. I did have a bit of worsening symptoms the first 3 days, because I think my GI tract just freaked out from the sudden food change, but the last 10 days have been mostly asymptomatic -- a vast improvement already.

Also, comebacks tend to be combative and just make people dig their heels in. Respond to him (lovingly) with facts and logic in a way that he cares about. He's a bodybuilder, so search the forum for bodybuilding, there are tons of threads with great info. Also, seriously?.. why isn't he being supportive of you at least, even if he doesn't want to do it? Try and figure out what the issue is there? Does he really prefer you chubby and acne-ridden? Surely not. Jeeze.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Bodybuilders are fanatical about their diet. Nothing you say will change the way he eats.

Tell him Arnold's favorite breakfast was steak and eggs!

Just keep repeating: "Fat doesn't make you fat" over and over and over again.

Eventually he will ask you why you think this way and that's when the dissertation ensues.
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 06-12-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    I'd just tell him to fuck off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast