Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick smart comebacks to my fellas concern about my PB eating!! page 2

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by DashFire View Post
    So basically what you're saying is that you're getting healthier and hotter and he's hassling you? He sounds like an ass. Not sure if what you need are quick comebacks or a new boyfriend. How could he not be happy about a healthier/hotter girlfriend. Unless there are some insecurities there. Either 1) personally/relationally or 2) a refusal to accept that he's been on the wrong (SAD) path all these years.

I've had IBS for almost 20 years, and that's one part of why I switched to Primal two weeks ago, after seeing several posts by people that it helped clear up their symptoms. I did have a bit of worsening symptoms the first 3 days, because I think my GI tract just freaked out from the sudden food change, but the last 10 days have been mostly asymptomatic -- a vast improvement already.

Also, comebacks tend to be combative and just make people dig their heels in. Respond to him (lovingly) with facts and logic in a way that he cares about. He's a bodybuilder, so search the forum for bodybuilding, there are tons of threads with great info. Also, seriously?.. why isn't he being supportive of you at least, even if he doesn't want to do it? Try and figure out what the issue is there? Does he really prefer you chubby and acne-ridden? Surely not. Jeeze.
    Although PrimalRob's comeback made me laugh, I was totally thinking this. He sounds majorly insecure to me. wtf?

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    1. Men are change challenged, unless they think they came up with the idea themselves.

2. You've been at it what...a few weeks?? Can't expect other people to adapt instantly to your radical lifestyle change.

3. Keep being awesome and let the results speak for themselves.

4. Tell him you're fine tuning your way of eating from following the posts of many primal ATHLETES.

5. Are bodybuilders really athletes? Does bodybuilding count as a sport?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasintrail View Post
    I'd just tell him to fuck off.
    +1

And then slurp in a piece of fatty bacon or pig belly! Make sure some drippings roll down your chin in the process! lol j/k on that last part.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Nady is online now Senior Member
    How invested are you in this relationship? As in, are you ready to let him 'heckle' you for other choices you make? Because the first thought in my mind was *Hit the road, Jack* Life's too short to fight all the time, especially with someone that should be on your side.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    "I'm eating this way to increase my libido. Try to keep up."

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    1. Men are change challenged, unless they think they came up with the idea themselves.
    This. You gotta convince him it was his idea. Or that he somehow inspired you to do your own research and forego conventional wisdom by being so muscley and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC
    3. Keep being awesome and let the results speak for themselves.
    Truth again, but I reiterate that you should let him think he's responsible. Even if just because you were inspired by his being in such "good" shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC
    5. Are bodybuilders really athletes? Does bodybuilding count as a sport?
    Well, some bodybuilders might also be athletes, just like some truck drivers might also be ordained Episcopalian ministers.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Budybuilding is like public masturbation.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm up for looking good - low fat and muscular.. But looking that ripped or that pumped is just ridiculous.

Don't get me started about those underwear they wear.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

pinknemo111 is offline Junior Member
    Got some fab replies from you guys. Thankyou!!
    I do question why he won't support me at times but hey thats just his way.
    Anyway you lot have made me chuckle and I shall be using quite a few pieces of the advice above!
    Thanks

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Not supporting you is just his way? OMG. He'd be kicked to the curb so fast he his whey protein shake would bounce. I'm so worth more.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Budybuilding is like public masturbation.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm up for looking good - low fat and muscular.. But looking that ripped or that pumped is just ridiculous.

Don't get me started about those underwear they wear.
    It's A LOT more than that. Take a second to think if your passion was publicly perceived like this. I respect your opinion of my sport, but comparing it to public masturbation is rude.

Totally agree about the speed-o part though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast