Thread: If anyone's interested, I've found a grass fed beef source in Las Vegas page

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

My goal was to find a real butcher who carried grass-fed beef. For a "big" city, Las Vegas sure does lack a lot of the things. Anyways, it took awhile but there's this place in Henderson called 'The Butcher Block' (link below). The owner, Ron, who's a super nice guy, is starting to carry grass fed beef next week And it's "local", from Northern Nevada. He said he'll carry it so long as there's a demand. If you or someone you know is looking for a grass-fed beef source in Las Vegas, here it is.

He even said he'd save the grass-fed beef fat that he trimmed from other customer's orders and give it to me for next to nothing, which is awesome.

http://www.thebutcherblocklv.com/home.php

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Amber is offline Junior Member
    i know i am bumping an old thread here...but i am wondering if this is the farm in fallon...

fallon had a huge leukemia outbreak from the water...so i am a little iffy about buying meat form there.

callherpetrol is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    i know i am bumping an old thread here...but i am wondering if this is the farm in fallon...

fallon had a huge leukemia outbreak from the water...so i am a little iffy about buying meat form there.
    i was born in fallon :/ albeit 20 years ago

Bukawww is offline Senior Member
    I was coming to post this exactly, Amber...but good to see a couple other local primalites

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    There's a butcher shop near my house that's gotten rave reviews from my neighbors. Sadly, I've been remiss in patronizing it and tomorrow is Sunday so I presume it's closed. It's Larry's at 420 S Valley View Blvd. If either of you have been there let me know the skinny, otherwise I will drop a note here once I pop in there.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    Leukemia, that's not good! Can that be spread by eating meat from the area?
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Bukawww is offline Senior Member
    That outbreak was due to water contamination...and I'm pretty sure the cows drink water. It may be totally stupid but I'm not sure I'd be willing to risk it.

I've SEEN Larry's a ton when passing by...but I've always been too scared to go in lol.

There is a coop for Bar 10 beef from Utah (St George/Cedar City area I believe)...the lady that runs it orders when a full beef or 2 are reached by the group and delivers to the Mario Battali Farmers Market (I believe the rancher himself, or one of his cronies delivers it direct). Its a great price! You can order 1/12 ($196), 1/4 ($578), 1/2, whole and then they have additional meat packages available as long as the minimum of 1 full cow is reached.

Here's the blog: http://livinghealthyinlasvegas.blogspot.com/

Romanmccarthymeats is offline Junior Member

A new source for affordable paleo meats.

PrimalCon New York
    Roman McCarthy Meats is now selling the finest quality grass fed and pasture raised natural meats available. We make monthly runs to the northern Utah and Southern Idaho to supply the freshest farm to table meat available. Our menu currently contains grass fed and finished beef and beefalo as well as pasture raised pork and lamb. All of our meats are raised naturally and never received any hormones or antibiotics ever. We are a local Las Vegas company that delivers in the Las Vegas area and we also attend the local farmers markets around the valley. If your interested please visit our website Home Page .