Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercury fillings?? page

Rattybag is offline Senior Member

Mercury fillings??

Primal Fuel
    I am considering having all my mercury fillings removed after reading the side effects of these and relating very much to them!
    Does anyone have any experience of this and did they feel better afterwards?

Its quite expensive and not something I want to go into lightly.
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Lynna is offline Senior Member

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    For those who believe in the toxicity, this podcast of Sean Croxton with Rami Nagel might be of interest. Even if you think he's extreme, even he (Rami) is not having all his fillings removed immediately until he's healthy. He recommends to do them slowly, too. You might find this interesting. Cure Tooth Decay with Rami Nagel 05/19 by Underground Wellness | Blog Talk Radio

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    You beat me to it. Hype and fear sell.

McconnellSilva is offline Junior Member
    this podcast of Sean Croxton with Rami Nagel might be of interest

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I counted and I have 10 "silver" fillings out of 40 teeth.

Though my boyfriend has been suggesting I get them removed, I honestly think removing fillings from 25% of my teeth would do way more harm than good, no matter what the science is saying right now.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Look at it this way...you probably get more mercury in your diet every year then all of the mercury in all of your fillings combined.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Note: I totally pulled that out of my rectum, but if anyone can find how much mercury is in an average filling and how much mercury the average American consumes I would be interested to know. My Google-Fu has failed me today.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Look at it this way...you probably get more mercury in your diet every year then all of the mercury in all of your fillings combined.
    Not likely- the amount of mercury in an average filling, would render all the water in an oylypic size pool too contaminated to drink. Mind you dentists claim mercury in filligs does not leach out - not sure I believe it.

Paleobird Guest
    Now I think you're both pulling things out of orifices not meant for fact production.

I would encourage you to read the above quoted Quackwatch piece, particularly the part about the difference between bound and unbound chemicals.

"Mercury is a component of the amalgam used for "silver" fillings. The other major ingredients are silver, tin, copper, and zinc. When mixed, these elements bond to form a strong, stable substance. The difference between bound and unbound chemicals can be illustrated by a simple analogy. Elemental hydrogen is an explosive gas. Elemental oxygen is a gas that supports combustion. When combined, however, they form water, which has neither of these effects. Amalgam's ingredients are tightly bonded to each other. Although the types of chemical bonds in water and amalgam differ, saying that amalgam will poison you is just as wrong as saying that drinking water will make you explode and burst into flames.
    Very sensitive instruments can detect billionths of a gram of mercury vapor in the mouth of a person with amalgam fillings. However, the minuscule amount of mercury the body absorbs from amalgams is far below the level that exerts any adverse health effect [1-6]. One study found that people with symptoms they related to amalgam fillings did not have significant mercury levels. The study compared ten symptomatic patients and eight patients with no reported health complaints. The symptom group had neither a higher estimated daily uptake of inhaled mercury vapor, nor a higher mercury concentration in blood and urine than in the control group. The amounts of mercury detected by the tests were trivial [6]. Some studies have shown that the problems patients attribute to amalgam restorations are psychosomatic in nature and have been exacerbated greatly by information from the media or from a dentist."
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-13-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast