Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Crying my eyes out page 4

kam904s is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Thank you for your kind words everybody! They make me feel worlds better now that my kiddo's okay.

@Mr. M - The "jab" at my husband comes out of frustration. I change all the diapers - literally - because he finds poop "gross". I got a nap last week while we were home and he and my FIL brought the baby up to be changed, waking me up ON PURPOSE just so I would change him. Last week we flew home with the baby to introduce him to our families and he threw up all over me. My husband wouldn't take him into the men's room to clean him off because "men's bathrooms are gross'. Instead I had to do it. When my son ripped his cord off less than a week after being born, I was the one who got to handle the bleeding and pus because "it was too gross to handle". He adores our child and is a great dad in all other respects but buckles at anything "germy" including snot, boogers, pus, vomit, blood, piss, and shit. So, yeah, I'm allowed to call him a wuss, okay?

On the bright side, my son seems to take after me. His dad hates the sunlight but my little sun-baby is happiest on the days he and I go to the park and sit in the sun. He also loves walking around the neighborhood with me. I'll help him see the Grok-side yet.

As for the vaccine... well, I wanted a non-standard schedule and tried to arrange one with my doctor but apparently they don't offer the singleton vaccines anymore, you have to get the 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 vaccines or nothing. I find this highly irritating. As for getting the vaccine itself... I had an aunt who had polio as a kid. I'm going to vaccinate my kids. It was never a question for me of "if", it was a question of "how" but they are taking away the option to stretch it out so his poor little baby body isn't hit with five diseases at once and THAT is what pisses me off so badly.

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

Wow what a hard thread this is. I don't have kids but I have spent a lot of time thinking about when I do have kids if I want to get them vaccinated or not. Part of my issue is that I might have to/want to adopt and I don't think I even get a say in the matter in that case.

As far as the husband thing, I can relate... that is the same way my ex was (not to say your husband should be your ex) but he was winy about everything being "gross" or "Uncomfortable" or "Painful" or "sensitive" and honestly I couldn't take it anymore (and then some.) luckily we never had kids but I cringed in horror at the thought of having a child with him, good situation to get out of.

ANYWHO, about the concept of vaccines and the diseases coming back etc.

It is rare for major diseases, once dying off at one point or another, to come back in the same way. Much like H1N1. There are SEVERAL strands of flu virus that alternate and doctors/medical people/vaccine providers HAVE NO IDEA which one is going to come next. Last spring I was hit HARD with a strand of the flu they had NEVER SEEN before, it wasn't H1N1 we don't know what it was, but I didn't get a flu shot, never have and never will. It is too much work for not enough results. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. Same with other viruses and diseases... they rarely come back as the exact same strand and if our vaccine matches the strand of the previous epidemic, there is no saying it will help us survive if there is another outbreak. My personal feelings on the whole thing, not trying to tear anyone down here. I think this is a healthy thread to have, great to see many options and opinions living together in harmony.

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

FairyRae2 Guest

So glad to hear your little one is doing better kam!

I hear you on the I-do-all-the-dirty-stuff-myself rant. I recall the first poopy diaper dh ever *tried* to change--he gagged and I finished it. Once in a *great* while he will change a pee dipe...

FairyRae2 Guest

So glad to hear your little one is doing better kam!

I hear you on the I-do-all-the-dirty-stuff-myself rant. I recall the first poopy diaper dh ever *tried* to change--he gagged and I finished it. Once in a *great* while he will change a pee dipe...

Mr.M is offline Senior Member

kam -

You can call him whatever you like; however not in front of the little boy. Positive male role models (fathers as well) are hard to come by these days.

That said, my "kid" is a German Shepherd...and I cannot think of a better expression of unconditional love than picking up someone's poop for them.

hippie_mama is offline Member

Kam, single-dose vaccines are still made, but you might have to be extra-assertive to get them. It kind of sounds like your doc just didn't want to have to deal with you :/

And as for the husband having problems with bodily functions...well...there's only one way to break him of that Tell him to man up and face his fears by spending a whole day being 'mom.'

Godzilla is offline Senior Member

He really should man up. I always try and give my wife a break. She gave birth, for chrissakes.

Say, no one liked my link?

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/1...omment-page-5/

@Mr.M = Oh I'd never-ever-ever call the hubs a name (except in teasing) in front of anyone in RL. I can call him a wuss here because, let's face it, it was kind of an irritating and wussy move on his part. But he's a good, sweet man and is going to be a kickass dad 99% of the time, I'm just going to have to deal with the dirty stuff. That's okay, he is behind me going primal, he agreed (mostly) with my hippie birthing desires (even though I didn't get to have the birth I wanted), and he vehemently defends my right to breastfeed to strangers, friends, and family who've given me crap over it.

Still... a poopy diaper once in a while would be nice! ;-D

@Godzilla - Alas, sadly there are wackjobs in every camp on major issues like this. I feel for the poor doc, having to worry about anthrax in his mail for doing his job.

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

Kam, I am so glad your baby is doing fine now. And I am also glad that you love your husband. I hope the best for all 3 of you and your futures!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast